Remove "Score" From Dominion

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

Senior Member

11-20-2011

It LITERALLY means nothing. It encourages bad play and is nothing but an excuse for people who lose you the game to QQ about.

Ex
-You get the same amount of points for capping a point no matter how long you stood capturing it.
+Player A will win a point then start capturing it, Player B runs in when its almost done and gets the same amount of score, even though he didn't help at all

-"Score" encourages bad plays
+Two People capture a point, another of their points is threatened. The good play is for one to cap while the other runs and defends. But "Score" encourages both players to stay and cap.

Etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggabry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2011

agreed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelemon

Senior Member

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
+Two People capture a point, another of their points is threatened. The good play is for one to cap while the other runs and defends. But "Score" encourages both players to stay and cap.

Etc.
true


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

Senior Member

11-20-2011

They fixed the point system so you get more points for non capping things.
I've gotten #1-#2 a few times with only defending top while the team spam caps the ones near the nemy base and dies horridly after capping lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotdogs

Senior Member

11-20-2011

if you gank enemies itll make your score higher relative to your team because the rest of your team will die unless they follow you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-20-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
It LITERALLY means nothing. It encourages bad play and is nothing but an excuse for people who lose you the game to QQ about.
i could say the same thing about kdr...
/devilsadvocate


more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

Senior Member

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...
Interupting Captures or Storm Shrine capping..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisherman Fizz

Senior Member

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i could say the same thing about kdr...
/devilsadvocate


more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...
Well, as the OP said, giving a reward for capping points that starts lower and increases the longer you stand capping so that the people that are there the whole time get more points would be a great start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saruyan

Senior Member

11-20-2011

capping a point rewards way too much. im pretty certain i have yet to fail in getting top 2 with eve because she can easily run around capping, or even just neutralizing points, then once she gets her wreckface build start getting kills.

also its way too hilarious to be sona and spam W/E and get free points. lots of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mikeylikesit17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2011

ASSISTSx1000000000000. i win most of my games playing alistar or blitz etc but if i get mostly assists and no kills and we win im 4th or 5th. i dont really care cause we won..but id like those 20-30 assists to mean something.


1234511 ... 14