Irelia AS Crazy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaperknox

11-17-2011

I've been playing Irelia for about a month now, seeing what works and what doesn't. So far I really like, Berserk boots - Trinity Force - Phantom Dancer - Infinity Edge - and whatever I feel is in order after that, depending on the situation. My runes are Armor Pen reds, AS blues, AS yellows, and Armor Pen quints. Like I said, I really like this build but every other Irelia out there is going tanky, and I just don't see that working. I wouldn't mind putting made a banshees or FoN in my last two slots but not the whole thing tanky. Anybody agree with me? Anybody oppose me? Please explain, in willing to try new builds.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Irelia jumps onto a squishy enemy champion -> enemy retaliates with burst damage...

*Squish*

Reaperknox

11-17-2011

Meaning, I'm very squishy in this build?

Dakkas

11-17-2011

You have not played against a good team

You are under the noob trap of I MUST HAVE MASSIVE DEEEEEEPS. That is why you will not become a better player, against good players you will die straight away in a team fight.

Do you want to know why smart and good players don't do glass cannon? It's really common-sense/logical when you think about it

If you do a lot of damage then you will be a priority target. With only one defense item, you still die very very easily, in fact you're even easier to kill than a ranged AD squishy because they're at the back of fights and not in the very middle taking in ALL the aoe spells. Now reread that, you're a glass cannon in the very middle of the fight that is being hit by all the AOE, in what world is being a glass-cannon frontliner logical or intelligent?

Too many times I've seen players go a melee champ (Yi and Xin have some of the worst player base) and go glass cannon, they do well in a 1v1 situation however in a team fight, they are 100% useless because they die right away

Yes it may not happen to you but that only proves that you're playing against bad people. It's better to do good damage for the entire fight than to do insane damage for 3 seconds

Reaperknox

11-18-2011

Wow, you explained, exactly what team fights and gameplay looks like for me. I understand what I'm doing wrong. Do you, or does anyone have an Irelia build that would allow me to do decent DPS but not completely get owned in team fights? Basically, get me away from being a "glass cannon".

Boomstick II

11-18-2011

I think the most common build is something along the lines of:
-Mercs
-Wit's end
-Trinity
-Warmogs
-Atma's
-Wriggle's

Not in that order of course. Again, this is just what I see a lot of the time, not everyone builds this.

Dakkas

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
I think the most common build is something along the lines of:
-Mercs
-Wit's end
-Trinity
-Warmogs
-Atma's
-Wriggle's

Not in that order of course. Again, this is just what I see a lot of the time, not everyone builds this.
That's a solid build for a slightly more damage-oriented tanky Irelia.

If you need more survivability then you can use items like Force of Nature and Randuin's Omen instead for AR and MR

That said both builds make you hard to kill so you decide how you want to go

Amatzikahni

11-18-2011

I haven't seen Atmog's on Irelia in a while, and to me Wriggle's would only make sense if jungling. Philo, HoG, Merc, TriForce is practically core; it's in every one of my games. I've seen Wit's about 30% of the time, and I see FoN and/or Thornmail 100% of the time. With that said, I find that you hardly have enough time after TriForce to buy a Negatron + Chain Vest because teamfights always break out by that time, and if anyone got fed you'll have a hard time 1v1'ing that champ, so I'm inclined to think that her meta is shifting away from all three: Philo, HoG, and TriForce.

Dakkas

11-18-2011

Wriggle's is the best item in the game

Zahalith

11-18-2011

Merc Treads
Trinity Force
FoN
Randuin
Guardian Angel
situational item (Wits end,madreds bloodrazer, phantom dancer, starks fevor)

basically because of her natural CC soak, you want the enemy team to focus their cc on you. once their cc is wasted on you (because irelias dive in near the back at the ad carry) then your team can proceed to tear them up

her passive is what makes irelia seperate from any other champion
not truedamage
not stun
not gapcloser

abuse her passive, its the only thing that hasnt been nerfed.. yet.