Defense or Offense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Bender

10-01-2009

Is defense underrated or isnīt that good? how would stand 2 same heroes one with defensive gear and one with offensive?

Every game i see people stack offense and no defense whats your opinion?

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Defense. If you have no defense, your offense is absolutely worthless.

Stetzer

10-01-2009

I think you mean if you have no offense your defense is worthless. XD

Scarecroww

10-01-2009

For some heroes, such as Rammus, defence IS offence. ^^

Stetzer

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecroww View Post
For some heroes, such as Rammus, defence IS offence. ^^
Same goes for Malphite with his armor to damage. You can't have too much defense or too much offense. If someone goes full defense and someone else goes full offense, it should technically balance itself out. Basically, high defense counters high offense which counters high defense. o_O

ParaMorph

10-01-2009

Tanks need Armour and health like Rammus, Fighters need damage and attack speed like Jax thats just a brief comment

Youmu Konpaku

10-01-2009

Defense. Take advantage of the fact that your hero's base offense is far greater than his defense. You can't anything if you're dead!

Grimlokus

10-01-2009

Offense will beat defense unless it's a champ that can turn defense into offense. Crits and life steal, and armour penetration of you really want, can cut through their health while keeping your own health up. Going defense means you won't be able to kill anything and at best you'll force the other to run. Since you can't stack Thorn Mail there's really no way to punish people for neglecting their defense in favour of offense. With life steal offense can turn into defense, but health/armour doesn't turn into offense. I'm sure everyone has seen a fight where a low health offensive hero beat down a defensive hero simply because the offensive hero's life steal was greater than the defensive hero's damage.

There's more versatility in offense. Makes me sad since I like to play tank classes.

Rudeboymike

10-01-2009

completely depends on the people you play with and what champs they use.

I play tank morgana and my bud plays back door Yi. Most of the time we are losing by late game... thats where i play defense and tank 3 enemy champs, while he suicide back doors towers. That way a strong defense leads to a good offense, which then forces them to pill back, leading to a good/recovered defense.

Morale of the story. Good offense is better if they arent there, good defense is better if they are there.