Tryn Rune Advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xQuadrakill

06-29-2010

Can anybody give me some tryn rune advice with the reasoning behind it? I've mainly seen +crit chance runes given but are the crappy blue and yellow ones even worth it compared to something like cooldown reduction and dodge?

Also, what about armor pen marks/quints? those seem to be better than the crit chance ones. Crit honestly doesnt seem very expensive on items anyway.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-29-2010

I haven't played Trynd in forever but I can give you a few general statements.

In most cases you want a primary stat to be in each rune color (in other words its usually not in your best interest to put something like crit runes in yellow and blue).

Armor/magic pen in almost all situations is better than anything else you can put in red. I was actually curious about Tryndamere and crit chance though, and if it might be better than the armor pen though I suspect not.

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-29-2010

I think Armor Pen is better for Tryn on reds and possibly even Quints, because Armor Pen is more of a percentage increase in damage. This is assuming you get crit% on all your other items. Maximum crit is optimal on Tryn, but without much Armor Pen you won't be doing your maximum potential damage. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure it's more efficient to get a mix of both(so people get red APen and rest crit) if you're focusing on offense. If you want a mix, that's a different story that I have no info on.

xQuadrakill

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
I think Armor Pen is better for Tryn on reds and possibly even Quints, because Armor Pen is more of a percentage increase in damage. This is assuming you get crit% on all your other items. Maximum crit is optimal on Tryn, but without much Armor Pen you won't be doing your maximum potential damage. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure it's more efficient to get a mix of both(so people get red APen and rest crit) if you're focusing on offense. If you want a mix, that's a different story that I have no info on.
Thanks, I have a follow up question. APen and Crit are both primary Red, Secondary Yellow, Tertiary Blue right? So if Apen is better for reds, wouldnt it just be better for every color and quints?

Also yeah I'm just worried about offensive stats mostly, I'm expecting the ultimate is very good for defense

ForeverAngels

11-13-2010

seriously, all you need is crit chance and crit dmg, thats it, or just stack one of them. u can get 6 kills with that before lvl 10. trust me, trynd lives for crits and with 30% crit chance at lvl 1, your going crazy.