[Guide] Beej's Guide to Lane Control and the Early Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shubomber

12-26-2010

Best thread on the forum. This should be pinned.

FaerellG

12-26-2010

Amazingly well written thread. Two thumbs up.

korgonthurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

the easiest part,and really most difficult cause they just want get it,is to let the one control denying(support/tank)and the other (mage/dps) to take the last hits.spread this guide so they learn!but auto-attack will never stop i suppose=/almost everyone thinks auto-attacking has some benefit or something,its all just negative though.p.s. i would advise auto attack for healing though in cases like trynd,akali with passive,shen etc.

Kaboom Hammer

01-09-2011

You should add mind games to this. I had one game (this is an extreme example) where i was laning with miss fortune, vs morde (i was rammus) as a 1v2 lane. The morde started the game, by raging about his team of four squishys in /all chat. At the same time, one of the other opponents, complimented me on my king rammus skin. And when asked how I unlocked it, i replyed that i was a beta tester. The morde then typed "/all OMG hes a beta tester GG". So laning starts are mf and I are in the bush top lane. And morde facechecks the bush like a nub, so I powerball him, away from his turret, and mf pops her steroid (w) and drops ignite and morde dies. Then procceds to rage in /all chat about how godlike I am cuz of beta tester skin. The rest of laning, i sat in bush. And he was so scared of me/mf, he tower hugged, even when his creeps were at river. He was severly gimped, mf got to free farm, and got to gank/mess with their jungler. I got to level 10, when he was still 7, and didn't have to bluepill until 2.7k gold.

Tl;dr: its not always applicable, but the mindgames of discontinued/exclusive skins, along with players raging, and win games.

GotOwned

01-17-2011

My words: ... too good to be described.
Done a very nice job on this.

YoshiKiller

02-11-2011

Question: Should a Taric push or not push his lane? (as attacking creeps as much as possible reduces his heal cooldown and gives him mana)

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

There are SO MANY people that need to read this and understand it. It is very rare to get a random teammate that knows how to last hit, control the lane, deny exp.

Read up, everyone.

Natural Poise

06-12-2011

I love this guide. You write with great clarity and do an excellent job of focusing on the core essentials of the subject matter.

I'll be excited to see any other guides you write in the future.

Shželd

11-28-2012

Great guide, I learned a few things. But one tip, reword your section on hard pushing to reset the lane. Maybe its just me, but I've noticed the turrets will kill creeps almost the exact rate that they spawn, meaning once the turret starts shooting your creeps, stop killing theirs. Otherwise your creeps will not take enough damage to be killed off faster then they spawn.

I learned about this a few weeks ago, I was standing under an enemy turret as Pantheon, and instead of killing the turret while my creeps took the damage, I decided to switch roles with them and see what would happen. I started killing the enemy creeps as fast as they came, and sure enough without their damage the turret was unable to finish off my creeps, leaving me completely safe.

I played a 1v1 against a bot just to confirm it. For a solid 4 minutes as warwick, healing against their creeps, I was able to beat back their waves while my waves took out the turret. After 4 minutes of non-stop creep damage, the turret was destroyed.