3v3 The Twisted Treeline Map Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suck Ma Chubby

11-19-2011

Lately I've noticed more and more people abusing the design of The Twisted Treeline 3v3 map and kiting minions to the spawn point laser to save their nexus tower. I don't have a problem with that particularly but I grew to dislike from a recent game I had. My whole team was fed (Xin had 4 kills in 4 min?!?!) and about to win in the average 15 min, but then the opposition stopped pushing completely and used this to farm gold.

Still not the issue that bothers me though, the thing that bothers me is that characters with long range skill shots can literally stand in laser safety, poke you and kite minions to their instant death at the same time.

When a team is focused on this tactic, it's just too hard to destroy the nexus tower.

In the game I played this carried on for 20 min or so and the opposition wouldn't push. Obviously that's a lot of farm and makes an opportunity to win.

There are LOTS of characters that can defend their nexus tower from the safety of their spawn point laser, take for example Gragas, Kog'Maw or Xerath.

I don't know if this was in the intentions of the makers of The Twisted Treeline, but I do think the map should be changed so that this can't be abused if it wasn't intended to be part of the The Twisted Treeline game.

Please share thoughts on this.

iMuse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

I think you should push harder man up and tank the nexus turret and take it down...once thats done you can finish the nexus... I believe thats part of the strategy to that map, and it just goes to show you...it's not over until its over...if you can't push that last turret and nexus, you don't deserve to win.

Just my two cents.

Also would like to state I love pulling people into the fountain as skarner when im losing...

Suck Ma Chubby

11-19-2011

Thanks for your comment.
I agree with you, but in the game I referred to, tanking the turret also meant tanking 3 champions since they just camped the laser waiting for us.
And Skarner ulting people into the laser is hilarious ^ ^

PurpleURP

11-20-2011

need to nerf jungle minion gold and exp, jungling is too big a factor now
drag should be worth 190 not 280
top buffs 50 not 75
please change

SoTHaVoK

11-20-2011

Jungle is fine, you forget dragon is suppose to be baron for 3v3 and with this gold advantiges in jungle 3v3 would take much longer

Also i agree nexus should be moved so minion waves dont get pulled in

Koldheartedjsp

11-20-2011

so many teams are afraid of dying but if you get the nexus turret being aced is WELL worth it depending on how late it is

1ring

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
so many teams are afraid of dying but if you get the nexus turret being aced is WELL worth it depending on how late it is
Usually it is to late when they are turtling.

Koldheartedjsp

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ring View Post
Usually it is to late when they are turtling.
it is not uncommon to expose the nexus turret within 25 minutes. and at 25 minutes if you still have your outer turrets even if aced they wouldn't have the time to clear the supers and come all the way down and push down your nexus

1ring

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
it is not uncommon to expose the nexus turret within 25 minutes. and at 25 minutes if you still have your outer turrets even if aced they wouldn't have the time to clear the supers and come all the way down and push down your nexus
Yea your right. I'm just saying, wait to long and an ace will end the game.

You don't even have to suicide to get it, hit it a few times then b. Repeat until dead.

sealzilla

11-20-2011

Move nexus turret to the other side of nexus and make minions walk that way towards it, this would stop the enemy making your job to destroy that last turret near impossible and also stop them from kiteing minions into the lazer, they will have to come out to fight you.

Or

Make players unable to do damage from within their spawn this way they can't kite the minions