Attack Speed mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toomad

09-30-2009

I want to know how exactly attack speed works for my calculations. I couldn't find any thread about it (or one containing the info I need)

So my questions are:

1. Does attack speed gain by level, gain IAS based on level 1 attack speed? (seems so)
2. When using items with IAS, does the bonus apply on the current level based AS or the level 1 AS?
3. I heard there is a cap at 2.5 AS. Is it true?

Savage

10-01-2009

Heroes gain attack speed with every level. This is a percentage boost that applies to the hero's base attack speed, and which stacks arithmatically with attack speed boosts from other sources.

As an easy example, Twisted Fate has a base attack rate of 0.65 attacks per second, and gains 3% attack speed per level. So at level 18, he has an attack rate of 0.9815 (0.65 * (1 + 0.03 * 17)) attacks per second. If you bought a Recurve Bow, you would then attack at a rate of 1.2415 (0.65 * (1 + 0.03 * 17 + 0.40)) attacks per second.

There is a cap on attack rate of 2.5 attacks per second. The cap on attack speed varies per hero as a result, depending on their base attack speed - the lowest cap is on Teemo, at 311% attack speed to reach the cap.

toomad

10-01-2009

So it's all based off the level one AS.

This means the higher the base AS, the better IAS items are on your champion if I'm not mistaken.

edit: Champions gain the per level bonuses already at level one, so it should be (0.65 * (1 + 0.03 * 18)) = 1.001 ?

Savage

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomad View Post
edit: Champions gain the per level bonuses already at level one, so it should be (0.65 * (1 + 0.03 * 18)) = 1.001 ?
They gain the per level bonuses at level 1 for everything except attack speed.

toomad

10-01-2009

okay I think I dotta do some more sandboxing on this...

Have you seen the Champion stats calc? There it gives you always higher values.

Savage

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomad View Post
Have you seen the Champion stats calc? There it gives you always higher values.
When a calculator on some website disagrees with the values in the game, the calculator is wrong.