From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robbynn

11-14-2012

I play support a lot as I hate playing with people who say they will and never ward and can't seem to do anything. Even had one say team wins 90% when they play support and I went adc and understood that I had to play as if I was solo. It was difficult but I had to take the role of carrying the game. First time ever I thought of doing that. I literally had to watch what I was doing (did get careless and died once later on from bad decision) but watched and kept team together for us to push. I made sure I stayed with team but not grouped with team. It was a new experience. Feel better though reading that below certain rating that anything can work for support.

I do have to say that the one thing that I wish was better understood (even see pros do it) is that Baron is not always best call when you take out 3+ enemy team members. I lost a game because half of team rushed to Baron while other two pushed for Nexus. We took both nexus towers and started on nexus and tried to escape when enemy team respawned but they caught us. The ones who were doing Baron tried to say that we had the wrong idea. The game is about taking Nexus and not about getting Baron buff. Not saying to not get Baron but if don't have to have it and have an advantage to push then why do something that gives the enemy a chance to get back into the game. Seen so many teams either steal the buff or ace the team ahead and win the game. I feel it is a trap that too many don't understand.

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

/pinches your cheeks and pulls!

Blazing Dynamo

11-14-2012

I must paint you

bambroo

11-14-2012

interesting

alpha quail

11-14-2012

Morello using the term sack up.

It's now my term.

HellenKelar

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I can't +1 this post enough.

You can play League for any reason you choose - but if you do decide you want to play for Ranking or to win, then you need to, for lack of a better term, sack up.

The biggest enemy to improvement is plausible deniability (the mind-tricks you'll play on yourself to rationalize it's not your fault). Taking responsibility for your actions is the first, and maybe most important step to becoming a serious player. If your attitude isn't "how can I get better", then you're doomed to stagnate.

Every game, there's something you could have done better. You. The person reading this. Start there - it makes the rest much easier!

what can be done better when one person leaves at 3 minutes and another constantly runs into the middle of the map and /dances until someone kills them. Thats 90% of the ranked games ive ever seen

Steenbergen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

And bump.

DJ Chrispy

11-14-2012

MrChunkz is my homie