From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sneekymoose

11-18-2011

Thank you for posting a set of guidelines, these are great, and while I'm not in ELO hell(20-11 this season) ive run into plenty of people in 31 games that could of used this info.

smokin thrills

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Awesome post MrChunkz.

Definitely takes some guts to pull this off as well, kudos ^^
when da ef did Roku get hired? Belated congrats from someone who thinks your stream was the most underrated out there.

Pander Beers

11-18-2011

so proud :')

Pander Beers

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Tornado View Post
when da ef did Roku get hired? Belated congrats from someone who thinks your stream was the most underrated out there.
Ditto on this guy's comment. Your stream is awesome to watch

swilson

11-18-2011

You did way too much duo queuing imo. But good job anyway, whatevs.

Chated

11-18-2011

Very nice post. I agree with most of, if not all of it. My issue is that you talk about rage and how it lowers morale and will make players play worse. You also say that playing support under 1450 ELO isn't ideal. This conflicts as the current meta is so deeply ingrained into peoples brains that they are just going to rage and cry the whole time if no one picks a support and the rest of the game will involve bickering and no one trying their best.

Did you experience any situation like this throughout your climb? I would find it hard to believe if you say no one made a scene when you chose not to support when people would assume (as they often do if you are last pick) that you would.

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammblin View Post
This is ****ing stupid. I got stuck at 900 elo and had to play THREE HUNDRED GAMES to get back up to 1400. I dont care that I eventually got there, that it took me that long was ****ing stupid.
And he only had to play ~170 to get fro -18 to 1500.

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chated View Post
Very nice post. I agree with most of, if not all of it. My issue is that you talk about rage and how it lowers morale and will make players play worse. You also say that playing support under 1450 ELO isn't ideal. This conflicts as the current meta is so deeply ingrained into peoples brains that they are just going to rage and cry the whole time if no one picks a support and the rest of the game will involve bickering and no one trying their best.

Did you experience any situation like this throughout your climb? I would find it hard to believe if you say no one made a scene when you chose not to support when people would assume (as they often do if you are last pick) that you would.
I got a bit of it but people are so used to not getting their ideal team comps that they quickly got over it after the pick.

MrChunkz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson View Post
You did way too much duo queuing imo. But good job anyway, whatevs.
I completely stopped duo queueing when I hit 800. It took forever to find a game under that rating which is why I duo queued.

MagnaHawk

11-18-2011

Hey man, I've heard about you from a guy who goes by deathlamp. It's great to see you're actively trying to help others in ranked! I had my streak to gold this preseason then dropped down to 1400 where I'm somehow struggling to get back up the ladders, but thanks to advice like yours, I have a new faith that I can once again see dat gold Elo on my profile. Keep it up, we need more players like you!