Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GotPinks

11-14-2012

So supports aren't that important for people under 1400 elo so do I play mages like zyra and such or a bruiser like jayce due to his utility?

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Grann Brigitte:
I find that the best way to win low ELO games is to force your teamates to win their lanes, then do you best to direct them around the map. Obviously, given the recalcitrance endemic to the league population, this will not always work, but helping someone win their lane is good for dissolving this.

To this end, if you want to get from 1200 to 1500 quickly, I would say you need to learn to jungle. 1200 to 1500 elo is this jungle player hotzone where nobody knows how to counterjungle properly, few to none ward, and nobody can dodge skillshots. This creates a perfect storm of game stomping using champions like amumu/lee sin to snowball games swiftly and efficiently. Also, all the guides tell people to be aggressive- well, junglers are quite good at punishing this.

Also, understand that your team-mates may need to be babied through the game. While on a kill streak, it may feel intuitive to stack yourself up, but I cannot overstate how important it is to stop your teamates from feeding, because they are going to do their best to. Buy wards for everyone. If someone is having trouble in lane, just camp that lane. As I recall, teamates don't start to get ''competent'' until around 1700, and that just means basic things like watching the minimap. No matter how many kills you are getting, your teammates will give the enemy team more gold if you let them. Don't!

This is quite the oposite of what i figured.
If one of your lane mates if failing try to judge if its just bad luck / matchup for him. Perhaps try ganking once.
In many cases its just player playing realy stupid, and if you try to help him he would just drag you down.ITs better to help competent lane dominate, and help you carry the game later.

Becouse there is just nothing you can do to protect someone from his own stupidity.
And if he is bad, he is going to remain bad no matter how fed he gets, and he might aswell just suicide late game and trow all adantage away making all your effort null.

Apollinarius

11-14-2012

Quote:
Hot Revolvers:
Find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that of those 22 losses you mentioned, NONE of them were because of afkers/dcers/intentional feeders.

You are missing the point. The reason for the loss is that you were not able to carry hard enough.

Yes, if instead of a feeder you had a pro player on your team to carry you, you would have won. You may have even won if you just had a very good player that wasn't pro. That's not something you can count on. The thing you can count on is that you will be in every game you play. And if you want to win, you have to outplay everyone. Sometimes you get lucky and the rest of your team is great. Most of the time it's relatively balanced.

But the reason for your loss isn't that your teammates weren't pro, it's that you weren't better enough than the other team to balance out the differences between the players.

Bendial

11-14-2012

nice ty!

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Apollinarius:
You are missing the point. The reason for the loss is that you were not able to carry hard enough.

Yes, if instead of a feeder you had a pro player on your team to carry you, you would have won. You may have even won if you just had a very good player that wasn't pro. That's not something you can count on. The thing you can count on is that you will be in every game you play. And if you want to win, you have to outplay everyone. Sometimes you get lucky and the rest of your team is great. Most of the time it's relatively balanced.

But the reason for your loss isn't that your teammates weren't pro, it's that you weren't better enough than the other team to balance out the differences between the players.

I have to disagree on this common statement.Sure people tend to blame their own mistakes on others...

However as a jungler i just want my team to not die too much.When top gives fb before i get to him right after getting lvl 2 - without enemy jungler being there. then as im going mid to gank there bot lane gives double kill to ezreal. and then both top and bot keep getting killed right after coming back to lane, there is simply nothing i can do.

Also most of games ( at least in below 1500 elo) are actiolly decided by picks. When your 4 teammates pick champons that are weaker then their counterparts ignoring your hints and requests , andforcing you to go suport becouse you have 4 elo less and ur last to choose, defeat is not your fault.

It is very convinient for designers of matchmaking system to claim that you should be able to win more then 50% games if you are good.But fact is this is 5v5 game, and there are too many random factors you cant influent to make single player impact overweight matchmaking flaws.
You need to be MUCh higher rating to make a difference, and if elo system don't let you grow if you are just slightly above current elo, it is not working becouse your progres in actual skill is never going to be dramatical after first period of learning.

Grey Wolf

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Morello:
I can't +1 this post enough.

+1 @Morello, really? What would @Lyte say? How many games did this guys ruin for opponents on his climb to 1500 ELO? As one of the unskilled players in LoL, I can tell you it is very unpleasant being a sub-1000 ELO playing against a 1500 ELO player. The game just isn't fun. I'd think someone like this should be banned, not applauded.

I am not saying that his point are not valid. He just didn't need to ruin other player's game to make the point. Guys like this is why @Lyte took out the ELO penalty for dodging. I guess the Summoner's Code "IV: Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense" doesn't apply?

RyKell

11-14-2012

Quote:
Marcus567:
+1 @Morello, really? What would @Lyte say? How many games did this guys ruin for opponents on his climb to 1500 ELO? As one of the unskilled players in LoL, I can tell you it is very unpleasant being a sub-1000 ELO playing against a 1500 ELO player. The game just isn't fun. I'd think someone like this should be banned, not applauded.

I am not saying that his point are not valid. He just didn't need to ruin other player's game to make the point. Guys like this is why @Lyte took out the ELO penalty for dodging. I guess the Summoner's Code "IV: Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense" doesn't apply?

Well, the point is, while it may have been unfortunate for people such as yourself, it is inspiring for other sub-1000 elo players to show that they can work their way out. He also brings up good points to help make people better players.

Genspirit

11-14-2012

i realized at a certain point that babying ur teammates is the only way to win
i still hate jungling though

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-14-2012

Quote:
Kell:
Well, the point is, while it may have been unfortunate for people such as yourself, it is inspiring for other sub-1000 elo players to show that they can work their way out. He also brings up good points to help make people better players.

What does it prove? that your actual skill need to be 500 elo above to be able to carry those games?

dreamNing

11-14-2012

Quote:
Pacyf:
What does it prove? that your actual skill need to be 500 elo above to be able to carry those games?

It's a foil to all those "I should be gold but my team is uncarry-able" sentiments thrown around.

If you should be gold, you will get to gold once you start assuming accountability.

If you're not able to get there, something about you isn't up to par, and it may not be mechanics, but simply attitude, leadership, decision making, etc.