From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thané

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
Exit queue if someone dodges. Click that x button at the top. It's strategically better to not play with the people that were in champion select with before someone queue dodged. The other players now know what you plan on playing and could target picks or bans against you. There's also the fact that someone left. It must've been pretty significant if they were willing to take a loss of 10 Elo rather than play with the players that they matched up with. Maybe someone's trolling. Maybe someone is a known eager or bad player. It's even possible that nothing was wrong and the person left because of a more personal reason. But why take that chance if you can sit out for two minutes and get a new batch of players that have no idea of your strategy and for sure didn't cause someone to leave champion select.

had something like this happen before. playing full 5 premade, and my buddy and i like to do renekton and fizz bot sometimes. we completley wrecked whatever ad and support was down there and just carried to the win.

next game we que up for, the first two bans they did were RENEKTON and FIZZ, we were all like WTF *facepalm*

was pretty freakin hilarious

Futurism

01-06-2012

i dont understand?
you have 8 elo
But you have
68 wins
19 losses

can some exsplain me this?

Silverx2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
In low/mid elo Q repops pretty fast probably. At super low elo it's like high elo.. takes forever to get a Q pop. It might be kind of annoying, but you're probably not wasting more than a second to maybe a minute of most peoples' time.
what about the 5 opposing people he plays every game from -18 till 1200?

each game hes playing against people hes clearly far superior too. thats 20 minutes minimum that hes griefing 5 people. multiply that by 1200/13

Turakau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2012

Thank you thank you thank you.

Turakau

Recruiter

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurism View Post
i dont understand?
you have 8 elo
But you have
68 wins
19 losses

can some exsplain me this?
Remember he stated it in his post, it was due to queue dodging, it didn't count as a loss but he lost 10 from his ELO each dodge

Regentlord

01-06-2012

I see a lot of the points you make, but the problem that I have is this: I'm a 1500 (Highest rating 1489) player stuck in the 1300s. I carry most of my games but I'm not usually good enough to carry with multiple feeders on my team and that gets me a lot of loses.

Also, I am a "team player" and try to help the team as much as possible and play what they need me to play, which ends up being support. I don't complain but then there is no way to win because they all feed and suck.

I was top .5% in WoW and top .5% in SC2, I know how to analyze my losses, figure what I did wrong and what I could do to win the next game... the problem is that I keep coming to the same conclusion: My mistakes are mostly extremely minor, while my team mates make mistakes or suck enough that I cannot possible carry them out of it, nor do they deserve to win. Maybe I'm just horribly unlucky, or maybe this system is awful.

The only conclusion I can come to is this:
1. No matter what, always pick whichever role you can carry hard in.
2. Ignore your teammates in selection.
3. Always assume that everyone on your team is terrible and they will suck.

What type of game is this? To win you have to ignore teamwork and coordination and do everything yourself...

lecoopsta

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVESTRONGG View Post
SS of you being -18 or i don't give a fuk about this.
No math skills. ForTheLoss

Ripshaft

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regentlord View Post
I see a lot of the points you make, but the problem that I have is this: I'm a 1500 (Highest rating 1489) player stuck in the 1300s. I carry most of my games but I'm not usually good enough to carry with multiple feeders on my team and that gets me a lot of loses.

Also, I am a "team player" and try to help the team as much as possible and play what they need me to play, which ends up being support. I don't complain but then there is no way to win because they all feed and suck.

I was top .5% in WoW and top .5% in SC2, I know how to analyze my losses, figure what I did wrong and what I could do to win the next game... the problem is that I keep coming to the same conclusion: My mistakes are mostly extremely minor, while my team mates make mistakes or suck enough that I cannot possible carry them out of it, nor do they deserve to win. Maybe I'm just horribly unlucky, or maybe this system is awful.

The only conclusion I can come to is this:
1. No matter what, always pick whichever role you can carry hard in.
2. Ignore your teammates in selection.
3. Always assume that everyone on your team is terrible and they will suck.

What type of game is this? To win you have to ignore teamwork and coordination and do everything yourself...
I'm of a similar mindset, but I'm trying to get past it. Ultimately I want to play a moba with actual good players, which from my understanding occupy only the top .001% or so of the playerbase. If I have to look down on people and manage my strategy to maximize winning at their expense, well I'm willing to consider this, no matter how far it is from my typical values. It undoubtedly works, I climbed 200 elo in a few days by looking down on my team, then i started thinking of them as equals and it just pissed me off again, since they obviously must not be trying if they're equal. I've come to find I do enjoy completely carrying a team, or completely breaking the opponents morale, especially when it's not obvious that I'm the one carrying, Ie when my score is low, but I'm the one who's actually securing each teamfight or ensuring that a killing spree results in an actual team objective being taken... you'd be amazed how many games are lost simply because people do not understand WHY they are killing the enemy team....

Now I'm far from perfecting my game of win, I still havent found a reliable way to dealing with teammates who just cant hold their lanes for the life of them, especially people who fail against long range pokers or other tower threats like blitz... noobs understand tower hugging to some extent, but they just don't get how to make themselves an unattractive target for poke, or that there's no reason to be near a lane if there's no chance of an enemy unit dying and giving up xp.... unreal how many people will follow a wave that will not have a single enemy creep die on it because the enemy clears them almost instantly... opening up the perfect opportunity to kill the dumbass. I also haven't found a great way to deal with all forms of crybabies. Usually giving them the idea that you're hard pro before game helps keep them in check, so long as you actually do dominate, but yeah, once again not really something I like to do, but it works, usually. There's also tons of people who will just give up if you do anything against their idea of "the meta"...meh, bunch of others, though really the biggest problem is thinking of your team as equals... for some reason no matter how many times I'm proven wrong, I just sometimes actually think one of my teammates is good, then I rely on him to do something simple yet critical like a proper engage or maybe even just "to not be afk in a teamfight"... annnnd we get aced and lose lol... I also had a game recently where I failed to notice what equipment my team was buying because they were above average skill-wise. I thought that because they performed well that theyd know what gear to get... and late game I noticed that ramm had a carry level tank (second chance, bv, aegis, warden's =/), and nass had only armor, and not much of it, against a mostly magic dmg team (kog, annie, malz(?))... that screwup definately cost me the game, if I had been paying attention from the start I'm certain I could have gotten ram to build an actual tank build and maybe at least convinced nass to build fon... or if he kept insisting on making dmg (he had a bf =/), to at least make it something more useful than flat dmg or crit.

Anyways, I could probably add more but it's a bit depressing. Though to the guy I quoted, you might just want to analyze his approach. Also it's definitely NOT a good idea to ignore your team. You should know exactly what kind of players they are to maximize your victory, understand their (often suicidal) tendencies, and plan around them... just don't get upset, and you usually win... just yeah, it's really, really hard at times lol, especially if you view them as fellow players and not handicaps at best.

MrChunkz

Recruiter

01-13-2012

Bump.

Ripshaft

01-17-2012

El Bumpo Sends his regards.