From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Sotere

Game Analyst

11-18-2011

Good post.

Quote:
Optimal team compositions are different at different ranges of rating. A support doesn't fit in well in games under 1450. It's much better to have two people getting 40% of the cs each than one ad carry getting 60%. Try to play what youíre best at. If youíre only a so-so at a position then you can expect your impact on the game to be about even. But if youíre really good at one position then you should expect your chances of winning to much higher since youíll have a better match up against the player opposite of you.
This I don't really agree with. Support is pretty good at most elo levels. Plus I don't agree the disparity would be between 60% and 80% (having both people chase after them). Anyhow, good suggestions.

BlackChocolate

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeRaptorr View Post
blah blah blah play enough games and the match making system will give you the good teammates more than the bad teammates and you will move up in elo.
No. Statistically you should end up with bad teams as much as you face 'good' teams. It is up to you to be the deciding factor in the games where neither side is terrible.

Roku

QA Analyst

11-18-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Awesome post MrChunkz.

Definitely takes some guts to pull this off as well, kudos ^^

OwnedDotCom

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffy View Post
A couple questions.
What role did you play primarily?
How difficult would it be to raise my elo just playing support?
check my profile main champs played in ranked taric and soraka.It really depends on your playstyle if you like support than by all means you can certainly raise your elo by keeping your team alive and in fights.I find the best way to play support is duo que with a friend that is a good ranged ad carry practice that alot bot lane winning is very important to late game success,If you have questions on runes/masteries or anything go head and add me. 1408 elo atm planning on getting higher

BlastTyrant

11-18-2011

My Elo so far this season is decent i am i 9-10 i believe and i do fully give it my all my strong point is ap and tank so i play them the most, but the wild card as with any ranked system is the random's i have tried Duo with no success i can only carry a team so far, and my experience is the 5-6 wins i have carried are evened out by 6-7 games of just horrable players, people you CANNOT carry so i have stopped with ranked for a bit.

Misfitmonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Intriguing

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastTyrant View Post
My Elo so far this season is decent i am i 9-10 i believe and i do fully give it my all my strong point is ap and tank so i play them the most, but the wild card as with any ranked system is the random's i have tried Duo with no success i can only carry a team so far, and my experience is the 5-6 wins i have carried are evened out by 6-7 games of just horrable players, people you CANNOT carry so i have stopped with ranked for a bit.
There's always something you can improve on that can help win the game. It's really hard for me to suggest specific things to you without looking at a replay. Feel free to visit my IRC and send me a replay there. But as for the randoms, be positive and work with them. They're your teammates for that game whether you like it or not.

Replicant

11-18-2011

bamp

corelion

11-18-2011

What i do not understand is, how can you be at negative elo when you have a significant amount of wins compared to losses?

can you explain this?

MrChunkz

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by corelion View Post
What i do not understand is, how can you be at negative elo when you have a significant amount of wins compared to losses?

can you explain this?
Yup! Look at the second post.