From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

efdf

11-19-2011

cool stuff

SCREW OCEANIA

11-19-2011

Got -6 to 1425 in 19 days on EU WEST server
Now i have 131-30 score and my record was 40wins streak =)
1. queue avoiding is for pros
2. ranked is for noobs

SCREW OCEANIA

11-19-2011

And im sure, ill beat your record, get more elo than you!

Chronometer

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
Good players will move up - that's true and many people have been saying that since the beginning.
As much as I admire you and agree with most everything you have said, I do have to point something out.

Great players will move up in a reasonable period of time. Unfortunately, the way the system currently is, you have to be significantly better than the rest of your team to consistently win in low elo. I don't mean 153-21 like you, I'm just talking about a humble 3:2 ratio. It's not really that terrible, as eventually you have the whole 'baptism by fire' and are forced to become a great player. I can't back this up with numbers or reason, just my personal experience.

Good players will still move up, it just may take 100-300 matches before the law of averages settles in.

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

queue dodging to -18 elo and slamming noobs 24/7 to get to your regular elo does not make you good.

but gz anyway

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Meh Now View Post
queue dodging to -18 elo and slamming noobs 24/7 does not make you good.
It doesn't. That wasn't the point. The point was to improve the community's attitude and improve players willing to listen.

Let's go under the assumption that I'm not good. If I (a player that's not good) can climb Elo consistently then how much does luck influence ranked? I couldn't have gotten lucky that many times.

Reamer

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Awesome post MrChunkz.

Definitely takes some guts to pull this off as well, kudos ^^

your realy happy this guy was a pain in the ass to ppl playing ranked with 174 ???/

what a douch

MrChunkz

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Hammer View Post
As much as I admire you and agree with most everything you have said, I do have to point something out.

Great players will move up in a reasonable period of time. Unfortunately, the way the system currently is, you have to be significantly better than the rest of your team to consistently win in low elo. I don't mean 153-21 like you, I'm just talking about a humble 3:2 ratio. It's not really that terrible, as eventually you have the whole 'baptism by fire' and are forced to become a great player. I can't back this up with numbers or reason, just my personal experience.

Good players will still move up, it just may take 100-300 matches before the law of averages settles in.
You could go with the law of averages. But you can also take that leap and become a great player. Which you can do with the proper attitude, critically thinking, practicing, and taking in good advice.

Flames of Rage

11-19-2011

We are friends and I asked to que a few times, but never got to. And I watch your streams. However, I don't think I could recall if you had any trolls, bad picks on purpose and ect.

Chronometer

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
your realy happy this guy was a pain in the ass to ppl playing ranked with 174 ???/

what a douch
They can deal with it. I've known a couple of people to make this example.
It's important to periodically see that you can overcome low elo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
You could go with the law of averages. But you can also take that leap and become a great player. Which you can do with the proper attitude, critically thinking, practicing, and taking in good advice.
Totally agreed. On that note, using something like LoLReplay is a great way to figure out what you could have done better. Sometimes it can be hard to initially see what you did wrong, this is a way I like to use to be critical of myself.