[Feedback] 150+ Games of Rage

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aura

Senior Member

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
This is mostly because the people that you play with are terrible.

Oracle Elixir is (was?) extremely overpowered. You obtain gold faster than in Dota, yet even in Dota a Gem costs 700, takes up an item slot, and drops when you die (causing a potential 1700+ gold shift to the enemy). Here, the shift is roughly half that, and is so crushing that I almost always go sight-pot as my second item if the opponents have Teemo, Twitch and/or Evelynn on their team.
He wasn't really complaining about Oracle Elixir. That is the most widely used elixir as far as I can see. It's the other ones, between Ward and Oracle that are pretty much glossed over.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

Member

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
This is mostly because the people that you play with are terrible.

Oracle Elixir is (was?) extremely overpowered. You obtain gold faster than in Dota, yet even in Dota a Gem costs 700, takes up an item slot, and drops when you die (causing a potential 1700+ gold shift to the enemy). Here, the shift is roughly half that, and is so crushing that I almost always go sight-pot as my second item if the opponents have Teemo, Twitch and/or Evelynn on their team.

Ha. No. DotA had a ****ton more stealth in the forum of not just heroes, but units, mines, wards, etc.

A gem was also a much better counter to stealth, having far longer detection range than an elixir does, basically hard countering any form of windwalk, whereas elixir doesn't even detect a twitch before he's in attack range, nor does it detect stealthed units in brush.








@OP



I agree with just about everything you said, however;

Elixirs can be very useful in the mid game for gankers who don't need to save as much for late game items and can use the temporary, cost effective boost. That said, the variety of elixirs does potentially limit their usage IMHO, as well as their inability to be used with 6 items.


Singed's poison is really a sub-par skill and forcing him to waste even more mana on it would make it practically unused. It's just about only good for farming and running away, both of which are situations where you only leave it on as long as necessary anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onebelow

Junior Member

10-01-2009

Quote:
No one has mentioned it, but don't assists give gold? Not as much as an actual killing blow, but still enough to help you along. That's pretty important to me.
Just to clarify, I mean that assists as a statistic are realistically useless. Obviously helping people get kills benefits goth you and your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowOrigin

Senior Member

10-01-2009

Replying in no particular order:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboBatman View Post
3) Killstealing: While it might seem crappy that your team can come in and last hit a champ that you beat down to 5% hp it only affects the game in a few ways.
I generally play support heroes, so I do not care about killing blows. In fact, I actually prefer my team gets the killing blow whenever possible. However, as others have pointed out here, assists do give gold to people that participate, and it can be rather substantial gold bonuses in some cases, just for assisting. I've seen around 150g from some kills without getting the killing blow, just an assist; this is fairly significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
This is mostly because the people that you play with are terrible.

Oracle Elixir is (was?) extremely overpowered. Here, the shift is roughly half that, and is so crushing that I almost always go sight-pot as my second item if the opponents have Teemo, Twitch and/or Evelynn on their team.
As stated by a previous poster, and at the end of my section on elixirs, I feel Oracle's elixir is the only worthwhile elixir in the game at the moment. I will concede that this might change at higher ELOs where they're more likely to fully take advantage of the buff that other elixirs give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutter View Post
Singed - I disagree on this one under the premise that it's not really broken so I don't really think it needs to be fixed. I don't think that upping the mana requirement will do much to benefit Singed himself or balance as a whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Singed's poison is really a sub-par skill and forcing him to waste even more mana on it would make it practically unused. It's just about only good for farming and running away, both of which are situations where you only leave it on as long as necessary anyway.
Singed's poison is hardly a sub-par skill, unless you're solely looking at the ability to kill enemy champions. The poison is incredibly good at killing creep waves throughout the course of an entire game, able to finish them off quickly by toggling it on and off for roughly a second or two, using next to no mana. I have utterly no problem with it killing creeps as quickly as it does, there are lots of heroes with good push skills. I do have a problem with how little mana it costs. Singed does not use a terribly large amount of mana in general, he's just a tank, but that's no excuse for such a good pushing skill to have such an inexpensive mana cost.


All the same, thank you all for reading and commenting.


12