Ryze, Seriously

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yuke

10-01-2009

ryze's rune prison prevents you from doing anything = stun

Nayuki

10-01-2009

No...It's a root...You can cast while Rune Prisoned...I'm not positive if you can use ranged attacks while in it, but I think I recall doing so with my Janna...

Khrane

The Council

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrigan View Post
OK, OK. I hear about these mystical "high tier" games all the time, but where are they? You mean summoner level 30 matchups? Because I'm level 30 and get matched with 30s, and I get plenty of crappy teammates. I also see plenty of Ryze, thought I did see him more at lower levels (and Ashe, and Jax).

Is there some kind of secret society of practice games going on that I should be joining? A lot of people in a lot of threads talk about how things are different "when you get to the big leagues, junior," but I'm in the biggest league I know of and people still suck routinely (including me, sometimes).
Level 30 doesn't mean anything, actually. Most of the higher tier players have 200+ games, and almost always roll in a 5-man premade. In these premades, Ryze is rarely played, because people are smart enough to get magic resist and people are rarely alone. If he does sneak into a game, they usually don't break a 1:1 KD ratio.

Woozl

10-01-2009

The only real problem I have with Ryze is his cage, and that only in comparison to other champions, namely Morgana. His cage does more DoT, same duration (I think longer since patch), and above all, NOT a skillshot. The only thing Morgana's got on him is range, but that is countered by the fact that hers is a slow moving skill shot. Giving one champion a vastly superior version of the same skill another champion has is not balance, especially when that move synergizes so well with his other abilities. Although, the more games I play (and usually win), I see less and less of Ryze, and more games where everyone has a Banshee's Veil. I love it. It rocks.

TombMonkey

10-01-2009

I used to see lots of Ryze's in normal games when I started, after a while I have not seen a Ryze in quite a while.

Also, Ryze vs. Amumu with some MR is quite lulzly.