Ryze, Seriously

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phantommmmenace

10-01-2009

I thought we were over this "Nerf Ryze" bull****. In higher tier games, Ryze always fails. ALWAYS.

Most of the games I see him in he becomes dead weight.

Sagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
Please, so you're saying that only pro teams use hard-to-use champions? If you're saying that Ryze is not useful in the hands of experienced players, I'd ask you to prove that. Stop with the elitist remarks, I can prove anything by saying that "real premade matchups" can do xxxxx.
Facts are that Ryze is rarely if ever played in high level games. His ult only works if you catch people alone. His ult only works if it gets most all the bounces on a single target. knockback (castable while rooted), silence, stun, shields, blink, flash all severely limit his effectiveness even if he does catch people alone.

Evernight

10-01-2009

I agree with the other posters.... Ryze is just a bit too easy use... his Ult bounces off himself so you don't even have to plan it... just cast it! I think if it bounces off himself he needs to take 50% damage - MR. Or why not make it so it doesn't bounce? Also, remove the damage from Rune prison... if it isn't a skill shot it had better not do any damage AND root.

Zeyk

10-01-2009

Ryze is not an overpowered hero but they should rework him so he's not so insane against pubs IMO. Inexperienced players get really frustrated going up against him and his "instakill" ult.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-01-2009

There are enough items out there that cover pretty much every stat + MR...getting it isnt an issue. Sure Ryze can be a PITA, when he pops out of a bush and ults you from 3 inches away so it bounces incredibly fast with no chance of reacting...but i've seen characters like Fiddlesticks ult and flash into groups and wipe out entire groups in 3 seconds flat...

Savage

10-01-2009

Ryze is indeed an incredible pub stomper.

TRAPCARD

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
I've gotten beyond godlike in each game I've played with Ryze. Compared to the other casters, Ryze is a breeze. You can say flash/cleanse/magic resist counters him, but it's just not true at all. Ryze can stack tons of AP on himself, and doesn't even need spells to kill. I consistently lead my team in kills, creep kills, and tower kills.

There's just no comparison, Ryze has the best combos and abilities in the game. I will keep playing Ryze until he is nerfed, so I don't really care if the usual people cry out "RYZE IS JUST FINE", because I'm enjoying him too.
LOLZ look at me I can pub stompz new players! Im so cool!

GodlyDanny

10-01-2009

I'm bad, getting that out of the way.

I play Sion, how do I deal with Ryze? He just roots me and roots me I can never get a creep kill off.

Harrigan

10-01-2009

OK, OK. I hear about these mystical "high tier" games all the time, but where are they? You mean summoner level 30 matchups? Because I'm level 30 and get matched with 30s, and I get plenty of crappy teammates. I also see plenty of Ryze, thought I did see him more at lower levels (and Ashe, and Jax).

Is there some kind of secret society of practice games going on that I should be joining? A lot of people in a lot of threads talk about how things are different "when you get to the big leagues, junior," but I'm in the biggest league I know of and people still suck routinely (including me, sometimes).

Nayuki

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyDanny View Post
I'm bad, getting that out of the way.

I play Sion, how do I deal with Ryze? He just roots me and roots me I can never get a creep kill off.
The same way any character with a decent health pool does - stack MR. Sion has it even easier than most thanks to his passive - most good MR effects also add hp/mana and that means no matter what Sion is getting a nice chunk of HP boost.

Guardian Angel is an excellent buy, always. It gives no HP so is a better later than earlier buy but all the components are very cheap and very effective so buy them slowly. Start with the MR, of course.

Banshee's Veil is pure excellence, netting you 500 hp, 400 mana (+100 more hp), 60 MR and forces Ryze to burn a nuke or Rune Prison to bypass the Veil's "block a spell" effect. It's costly at about 2700 gold though - you'll want to get the Ruby Crystal (+200 hp) and Negatron Cloak (+50 MR) first most likely, then build up the rest.

If no one else has it a Legion is a nice buy, aura effect 35AR/40MR/+8 damage and +235 hp. Not epic, but a nice range of attributes that a tank benefits from all of and it's almost all on an aura so helps the team.

Alternatively:

If you have a big stack of HP because you have a Warmog's on and are freaking SION you can get a Spirit Visage+Force of Nature and just go 'lulz, REGEN!'

At a measly 1150 gold Spirit Visage is a very common early buy for my tanks in AP heavy lineups. It nets you +35 MR, +25 hp/5 and 12% CD reduction. Very nice for the price and it builds off the 8/hp 5 regen item you can buy at start.

Force of Nature is of course the big cousin that is better in all ways. It also comes with a hefty price of 2690 gold, but it builds from excellent items. Two of the 14 hp/5 items that are very common first buys and a Negatron Cloak. The components are fairly cheap (1690) with the combine itself costing 1000 which is nice since you get the effects of the individual items quickly. At a whopping 80 MR, 40 hp/5, +8% MS and +.35% hp regen per second passive this is an agony for any AP user to see.

Have fun