TT Metagame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerrJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

I was just wondering if there was some particular metagame for Twisted Treeline like SR.

I don't play on it too horribly much, but I've seen an array of things happen. 1 top 2 bot, 2 top 1 bot, 1 top 1 bot 1 jungle/roam, 3 bot ignore top, etc.

Same thing with team comp, I've had the best results with support tank, ad carry, and ap carry, but I haven't had much of a chance to experiment.

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Generally you have one top, one jungle, and one bottom. Bottom lane is pretty much your standard top lane in SR. Top lane is your prime solo carry who gets ganks very frequently. They require more farm than the bottom one, but stay up top because of the potential gold from kills. And the jungler messes with the enemy jungler and again, ganks top very frequently.

If the jungler is missing, then there tends to be two top in higher elo. Or two bottom in lower elo.

Champions are about dragon control, mobility, and teamfight CC.

1UPedU

11-15-2011

is it really normal for it to be 1 jungle, 1 top, 1 bot in normal's? ive played TT almost exclusely until level 25 or so (only done a few ranked games cuz dont have a team and no soloQ >_>) but even in those ranked games (5) only one team had a dedicated jungler with smite all the others had 1 top 2 bot(as almost every normal ive seen; in fact when i try and go full jungle in normal i usually get raged at)

Epjest

11-15-2011

TT jungling is HELL, you need experience that you won't have while leveling. I'm impressed you had even one dedicated jungler on TT while leveling. I can't do it because if I have to fight another Wraith spawn at level 1 I'll break my monitor.

SoTHaVoK

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epjest View Post
TT jungling is HELL, you need experience that you won't have while leveling. I'm impressed you had even one dedicated jungler on TT while leveling. I can't do it because if I have to fight another Wraith spawn at level 1 I'll break my monitor.
its not that hard? lol u smite 75% of the big wraiths hp

Saiyushu

11-16-2011

Although it's common practice. 2 bot 1 top is stupid. Nonetheless, if you are just learning, it's fine to do it that way.

Once your team is a bit stronger, see if you can start transitioning to 2 top, 1 bot.

However, the best is still 1 in each lane, and 1 jungler. Remember that the jungler functions more like a roamer/ganker and should be coming to gank really often.

Koldheartedjsp

11-16-2011

1/1/1

or 2 top 1 bot

2 bot 1 top is what you'll see in normals and it's incredibly annoying facing a jungler and then having teammates that don't wanna duo top (assuming you yourself don't have a jungle)

2 top/1 bot is much better than 1/2 because the top jungle is essential to winning the game

dragon spawns at 5 minutes and is easily duo able if one or both have madreds razers. Hell you can duo it with just a leash or a little damage with alot of champs with just madreds razers.

Xentorx

11-16-2011

I might try too jungle on 3's whats a good mastery with the new system?

Koldheartedjsp

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentorx View Post
hard to say since the jungle is way different. not many people know and those that do haven't said much

also depends on jungler

SoTHaVoK

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentorx View Post
18minium armor pen 21-0-9 get shrine duration buff