Garen VIABLE OR NOT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Messiaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Just started playing Garen recently and he seems like a good solo top laner just wanted to know if he is viable in higher elo.....any thoughts? any good builds???

Messiaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

bump

Sadness

11-18-2011

Umm, build him tanky DPS I guess. I personally like Frozen Mallet and Atmogs on my Garen and I see him from time to time on stream. HSGG played him recently and did great.

Excalibur00

11-18-2011

bump

i3roken

11-19-2011

Garen is a solid top champ. He can be beat by a few others though, so thats why you dont see him that much. Rumble, Renekton, a good Irelia, Yorick....and a few others im sure. He is best built tanky as he will do decent dmg with very little ad and his ult is amazing, plus his silence

Karoda

Recruiter

11-19-2011

Nope horrible champ he just pretends to be over powered

Cubetastic

11-20-2011

He is a solid solo top champ. I tend to build him tanky but i have had success with AD garen its fun but i would recommend sunfire, fon, warmog atmas.

Kize

11-20-2011

In Low ELO games you should build him as a Tanky DPS solo top, but once the ELO gets higher start to build him more of a tank.

My Final Form

11-20-2011

the easiest way to be successful with garen is to rush a warmogs and then continue with a dps build.. you will be fine in higher elos with this style, and garen does appear a lot in higher elos.