Community Grows to 32 Million Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mystić

11-18-2011

Shushei>HotshotGG.

scrapmetal7

11-18-2011

3 million deaths by bots, stupid noobs

CyclonicGuy

11-18-2011

Im so proud because i main Olaf!

ThereIsNoSpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2011

awwwwwwwwwwwesome! so glad to be a part of this - keep going RIOT!! WE LOVE YOU!

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

hell yeah! I've always wondered about things like this. Good to know!

Akorvyr

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriotic View Post
Riot said in their post...

"Since our last announcement just four months ago, you’ve helped the League of Legends community more than double in size, reaching a staggering 32 million registered players."

and they also said 32.5 million people "signed up" for LoL. is there really a difference between signed up and registered? riot cant possibly tell which account is a smurf so they have to assume its not.
no. there isnt a difference between signed up and registerd. however there is a difference between this many people vs this many accounts.
so like i said. you cant measure how many people registered for LoL based of how many accounts that have been created. best guess for a valid playerbase is divide the inactive accounts with the active one and make a guesstimate from there

assuming isnt always the best idea. thats like me assuming there isnt life on other planets. or thats like assuming there isnt water in this so and so lake.

best way to effectively average out a playerbase is count the monthly active accounts. which in this case. 11.5 million players. but even then. people can use their smurfs every day. so really the best guess is to calculate over the course of a week each account thats logged in to a match and not the launcher every hour and thee average that out

MrPostMan

11-18-2011

LOL, "times teemo died" that made my day. And im glad this game is doing so well. Keep it up riot! You guys are doing a rlly good job.

Hidden Sniper

11-18-2011

In before the Protect Teemo Movement... xD

NeonSpotlight

11-18-2011

As a bureaucrat of the LoL wiki (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki) I'd like to share a few statistics to help celebrate the popularity LoL has received since its birth too:

On average the wiki gets 2 million views every week, 250k-350k daily with patch days bringing in over 400k and, on average, the wiki receives over 10k edits every week, 1-2k daily. To view more statistics you can view them at http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiStats/main

StraightChronic

11-18-2011

Congrats to the League and all it's players. I wish they had a stat for how many trolls are playing at any given time..