I'm thinking about switching my armor yellows for hp5 good idea?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMAPS

02-29-2012

Hi I main as a jungler and I started out with dodge yellows then when they got removed I went for flat armor yellows and I'm starting to wonder if I would have been better off with hp5 yellows. Exactly how much hp do the armor yellows save me on a given jungler if anyone knows? I figure most of the junglers I run already have ok amounts of armor and the extra 10 armor isn't really going to save that much life compared to how much the hp5 would heal considering I like to wait around for ganks often. So anyhow do you think it's worth it to get the hp5 yellows or are the armor ones actually going to be on par with them in terms of keeping my health up early on?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-29-2012

It's an extra 13 Armor at level 1, which is huge for cutting the amount of damage you take from minions. I would not suggest going with HP/5 as a replacement because these runes will do practically nothing to make sure you actually survive the jungle camp in the first place. If you're waiting around for ganks as a jungler, you're not doing your job anyhow.

Stick with armor.

WWWWWWORP

03-01-2012

Idk right now I'm testing out just a few like 2 hp reg and 7 armor ones it seems like the hp regen ones are helping a ton like my jungle went from taking a bit of damage at the start to not taking any and and being full 100% of the time unless after a gank or something. I do think you might be right about not getting rid of all the armor ones so I'm going to keep testing I mean they are nice when I get into a lane vs someone with armor pen for sure.

TehJackAttack

03-01-2012

Go straight armor! If you are doing your job well and constantly fighting neutral creeps, the armor will help much more than hp/5 runes.

WWWWWWORP

03-01-2012

Well I'm not as much worried about late game for my runes and a few hp regen are working better now so :/

TehJackAttack

03-01-2012

If you're switching out 5 flat armor yellows for 5 flat hp/5 yellows, you're losing out on 9.05 armor to gain an extra 2.15 hp/5.

That works out to just over 24 hp per MINUTE you're gaining back from your runes.

Now think about this. With 1000 hp, that extra 9.05 armor means minions would have to deal 90.5 more damage to you to be fatal. (I know that armor scales, and this is not 100% accurate, but it should be pretty close early game, right?)

That same 90.5 damage would take you over THREE MINUTES to regenerate with your hp/5 yellows.

You're giving up half of a cloth armor to gain a very minimal regen bonus.

Any of you theorycrafting pros feel free to smash my logic into the ground

EDIT: Just noticed I fail at math? 1.41 x 5 = 7.05, not 9.05.

But my point remains fairly valid, I believe

Folly Inc

03-01-2012

Depends on who you're jungling. If you're carry jungling, yeah, take the armor. If your tank jungling, the HP regen will be much more useful past lvl 3.

KalastRaven

03-02-2012

HP regen is fairly bad. You'd be better off buying hp potions more often and getting gold/5 if you want regen.

Critkeeper

08-16-2012

Just use a full armor rune page for 40 bonus points of armor and buy a regrowth pendant for the 15 hp5 in the jungle. A health potion gives you 10 hp per second for 15 seconds. A regrowth pendant gives 3 hp per second forever. Considering that most champs clear the jungle in about 3 minutes, a regrowth pendant will restore a total of 540 health over that period of time; comparatively, that is between 3 and 4 health potions worth of healing, and you will still be able to purchase one health potion in addition to your regrowth pendant. Most champion actually gain a bit of hp even while being attacked by jungle camps if they have a bunch of armor and are consuming a health pot. A regrowth pendant with full armor runes basically lets you stay in the jungle without needing to go back for health.