Teemo thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farq

09-30-2009

ROLE.
Looking through the Teemo guides, and at the suggested items, most of them seem to focus on a damage role (either AS or AP).

However, after playing him a few times, I see him more of a "chaser" hero... all you need to do is hang around with your dps heroes, get in a fight, blind and slow, then chase and stop enemy champions from getting away...

OVERPOWERED
Unless your opponents go out of their way to gank you early game, it seems Teemo is always the first to hit level 18. Is he a little overpowered ?

BLIND
Is blind useless when you have exhaust ? I like exhaust and teleport on Teemo.

ITEMS
For me, the first thing that Teemo needs is health regen. Why not take the 12% life steal ring, and go straight for malady ?

I don't understand why the guide suggest frozen mallet (2.5 second slow) when he already has a passive slow ability.

He also could use a little health boost. I did quite ok simply with malady, boots and a giant belt (ignoring all the uber +crit% items).

Perhaps an effective item build for a "Chaser Teemo" would include debuff items (armor penetration ?) - any recommendations ?

Cheers
Farq

Nayuki

09-30-2009

Passive...slow? Uhh, what? Only slow Teemo has is his shrooms which are far from passive - his passive puts a poison DoT on, but not a slow poison...

Vangu

09-30-2009

Teemo is fine the way he is now...the only thing that needs to change is his passive and he is good to go.

Farq

09-30-2009

Ahh, thanks for pointing that out. I thought the darts with the DoT also had a slowing effect... I see I was mistaken. Maybe I got that impression it was because I was just moving so fast.

In that case, what do you think about getting Phage (1290) rather than Frozen Mallet (3190) for the slowing effect ?

Cheers
Farq

Frag

09-30-2009

phage is a component for frozen mallet just takes giant belt + upgrade cost, so you have the option of upgrading later, malady+wits end seems very popular on attack speed Teemo's, might want to try that. As for his health, it is good where it is, that's his big weakness and it forces you to play smart which is a good thing.