[Support] Demetri - The Firebrand Priest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bognostroclump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Allo Ladies n' Germs,

As the last support was Karma, back in January, and Riot has sworn time and again that they love supports, I figured they might love this.

Demetri - The Firebrand Priest (the Mad Monk, while alliterative, might be a bit too close to for comfort.
Demetri would be an Aura/Buff Support, modeled after Rasputin (Rah Rah Rasputin!). As such he would need a rockin' beard. He would be carrying a Thurible, which he could send bits of burning incense as a projectile towards his foe. Range would be fairly short.

[Passive] - Charisma (Sheparding the Flock perhaps?)
Similar to Vayne, though instead of boosting the speed while chasing enemies, he would instead give allies a speed boost if they were heading towards Demetri himself. As such, this would be for helping escapes, or if Demetri has faster boots than an ally, he could help them get back into the fray.

[Q] - Reproach
Demetri fires a small holy blast of energy. This damages the enemy and a portion of that damage dealt is sent as a ball of healing towards the location of a nearby ally. If there is no ally within range, it would instead head towards Demetri's current location. This is not automatically gathered, The healing goes to that location and then stops, and will disperse if not collected in 5 seconds. The dangers of the healing ball is that the player or laning partner would either have to stand still to automatically receive it, or move off and risk grabbing it before an enemy champion does. The enemy can of course fling skillshots towards the heal bauble in hopes of discouraging the pick up of the item.

[W] - Veneration
Toggleable skill. While Demetri walks, he can ignite his Thurible so it emits smoke from the incense. This leaves a trail similar to Singed. Only his is a healing smoke, and possibly applying a small debuff (Slow? -MR?) to enemies whom walk in it. This means, like Singed, he can trail healing behind him, though I suspect that the mana cost will be higher than Singed, or the damage not that High. Like a toggleable health Potion or such. AP ratio's would have to be fairly low though, like Singed's smoke. This could, since he is igniting his Thurible, mean he does extra damage with his basic attacks instead of applying a debuff.

[E] - Tithe
Like the Church, Rasputin donates 5,10/15,20,25% of bonuses he gains, be they Armor, AP, AD, or MR that are added on top of his base stats(this would be gear, not runes or masteries I think?). These are taken From Demetri and emitted in an aura. Allies nearby him in his aura (similar in range to say the Aegis, or Taric's Armor) gets that % instead. Demetri himself does not get the missing unlike many auras which include the owner. This makes his squishyness even squishier. Natually, this makes him a more attractive target.

[R] - Martyrdom
Like Rasputin before him, Demetri takes a considerable beating to die. Similar to the Odyn's Veil, he absorbs damage, and similar to Tryndamere, he will not die for five or six seconds. However, after that though, if he should die his Thurible will explode, emitting a pulse of the collected damage that will either heal nearby allies, harm enemies, or for the next 15/25/35 seconds let his Tithe aura be emitted from his body (not sure what would be best here). This makes him somewhat like Karthus, in which his death isn't exactly a bad thing. Only instead of staying around slinging spells for a short period of time, he instead makes his death mean something.

I don't have a back story for him, but paraphrasing much of Rasputin's origins might do.

As always, I am happy to receive constructive criticism, and to be honest I think he has too much healing. But it's thematically sound. Let me know what you think below.

With Regards,
Bognostroclump

3pitaph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

i have nothing to say without looking at numbers. concept and flavor are spot-on. bravo

Bognostroclump

11-17-2011

The problem of offering numbers is that I would fall most likely too much or too little, and if too much I'd get a bevy of "lol too OP" or "Soraka is better l2p noob"statements.

Hence getting the broad strokes of the general feel of thing done and then worry about numbers.

That said, considering that each element is a variation on a previously created system, can you see anything that could be grossly abused? If not, I could begin theorycrafting numbers.

DarkPercy

11-18-2011

Niiice. Original and bad-ass. I like.