Build Advice: Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

So a little info or context.

I love TT, it is by far my favorite mode. I started playing Singed a lot about a year ago and he was pretty much my main. Over the last few months he has become an instaban. Makes sense, he is disgusting good on TT. Well, I decided to pick up a few new champs because I really want to get into ranked.

I recently bought Skarner because he looked **** fun, and his kit is sweet. Well, I have been building Philo> TrinForce> MercTreads> Atmas > Witts End > Philo to Shurelia's> Starks.

So, almost a pure AD build save for Witts End. Is this a bad Skarner build for TT? I have had mixed results TBH and would really like to get better with this champ. Also, is AP Skarner a viable build? Hybrid?

Thanks in advance.

Rifick

11-13-2011

I hate having to say this, but I would advise going wriggles first on all champions that can take it, with few exceptions. From their building to counter is more effective then it was in fives. AP is viable, but don't go into a game with that mindset. If you see your opponents are neglecting mr completely because their only concern is countering your teams trynd, AP just got that much more viable.

Jolteøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

Rawr

Lizto

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifick View Post
I hate having to say this, but I would advise going wriggles first on all champions that can take it
^This

I play skarner quite a bit, hes become one of my favourite champions, I would really suggest Wriggles lantern, you have NO idea how useful it is to have double lantern in your team and sneak dragon before the enemy can even react. Second, I think Trinity Force is his most important item, so keep getting that. Wits end is also great, I usually get it after sheen. While starks is not bad, I believe there are better items out there. Gunblade comes to mind. Atmogs is also great on him, so is Guardian Angel. I dont really like reverie much because in my honest opinion you are already fast enough with just trinity and exoskeleton.

I have never built him AP but Im sure hybridish AP builds would work on him great (Deathcap/Lichbane/Zhonyas/AScepter/Ionian/Nashors comes to mind).

EarthruneSkarner

11-17-2011

@Lizto: Remember, Skarner has a permanent slow through his Q, so the Phage effect is wasted on him.

What I also noticed is that you neglected to mention Guinsoo's Rageblade. No other item in the game provides as many offensive stats per gold spent. It's also half the price of a Trinity Force.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

11-18-2011

Thanks guys. I appreciate the ideas a ton, I'm gonna try a few of these this weekend.

iMuse

11-18-2011

Boots 3 health pots > Merc treds > Wriggles > triforce > survivability > survivability > survivability

You crit, you slow, you drag, you fight them 2v1 sometimes 3v1 you win you win you win.