I took an IQ test today.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kodoku

11-18-2011

Even without getting into their specific deficiencies, IQ tests are immediately dismissible for the simple reason that they don't even define what they're measuring. Intelligence is a vague concept.

The creator of IQ tests himself insisted that they should not be used in the way they're often used today:

Quote:
However, Binet himself cautioned against misuse of the scale or misunderstanding of its implications. According to Binet, the scale was designed with a single purpose in mind; it was to serve as a guide to identify children in the schools who required special education. Its intention was not to be used as “a general device for ranking all pupils according to mental worth.” Binet also noted that “the scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured.”

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by larocco View Post
and reached 86. Well guess i know why i was bad at maths at school but it seems i had enough to get platinum by playinf only singed.
Attachment 325482

Rain Surfer

11-20-2011

Two separate official tests 145 and 138

USS BUTTPEE

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I always love when people on the internet talk about what their IQ is, because it's above 120 almost every time
I think it's biasing. People with high scores are more likely to report them. I know what mine is, but I don't bother telling people, cause I think it's kind of silly.

IS1281a2aa64f651d96c2ca

11-21-2011

I have an IQ of 95. I just laffed it off.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTRAN 77 View Post
I have an IQ of 95. I just laffed it off.
May not be entirely inaccurate.

Pandaphilophobe

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Seeing as to how I'm in the top 1% I fail to see how jealousy has anything to do with my opinion of people in Mensa who think it actually means anything. As for delusion, I point you to this cracked.com article, which only begins to scratch the surface of how smart people suffer for being smart:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19174_5-unexpected-downsides-high-intelligence.html

What are you even talking about?
Call me when you get into the top .1%. That's where all us cool kids are.

Dobagoh

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTLE View Post
Call me when you get into the top .1%. That's where all us cool kids are.
Triple Nines are a joke, I'm part of the Mega Society. One a million, *****. Suck it.

Also, I qualified for admission into Triple Nine when I was 16 years old. Mensa? When I was in 8th grade. Protip: nobody really cares.

I'm lying about being part of the Mega Society.

Nezumi69

01-02-2012

I have no clue what my IQ is i never took a test before and dont trust online ones. Id love to find out though.

Dobagoh

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi69 View Post
I have no clue what my IQ is i never took a test before and dont trust online ones. Id love to find out though.
lol doesn't trust online ones. I just took one at free-iqtest.com or whatever, I think I got 1 question wrong.