I took an IQ test today.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

11-17-2011

The average person has an IQ of 100, average north american adult has an IQ of 98.

IQ IS affected by age, it is relation of mental capacity and age, thus your IQ changes over time, especially if you dont nurture your brain. Studies DO increase your IQ, of course, there is always a boundary to how much higher your IQ can get from studying.

If you want to feel smart, try Einsteins riddle, it claims that only the top 2% minds would be able to solve it (IQ of 130).. however... theres a catch.. IQ remains at an average of 100 over the time (dont expect an average adult 80 years ago to be just as smart as one today)

Just some stuff I remember from psychology class.

Drastone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
The average person has an IQ of 100, average north american adult has an IQ of 98.

IQ IS affected by age, it is relation of mental capacity and age, thus your IQ changes over time, especially if you dont nurture your brain. Studies DO increase your IQ, of course, there is always a boundary to how much higher your IQ can get from studying.

If you want to feel smart, try Einsteins riddle, it claims that only the top 2% minds would be able to solve it (IQ of 130).. however... theres a catch.. IQ remains at an average of 100 over the time (dont expect an average adult 80 years ago to be just as smart as one today)

Just some stuff I remember from psychology class.
I used to love logic riddles like that, did them all the time when I was young~

Also IQ has more to do with logic and reasoning and less to do with studies, thus why studying has an indirect affect on your IQ (as you learn more your brain processes better so you can more easily detect patterns and logic and such)

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1hell View Post
94 on ASFAB gg!

(Test to get in to the military. Passing for Infantry is 21 with an average military wide of 39, and a max of 99)
i got an 81 (no, not in army. Had some guys come into my highscholl to administer it). My dad got a 97 when he joined >_>

Bainemo

11-17-2011

I always love when people on the internet talk about what their IQ is, because it's above 120 almost every time

SpoonFighter

11-17-2011

I took an online IQ test, got a 136.

I took a real but outdated IQ test when studying IQ in my psychology class (dated back around 1995,) got a 129 on that.

I feel smart, don't take this away from me.

DirtyEarsBill

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeblerz View Post
I find it funny that the entire basis of the movie limitless (only using a small portion of your brain at once) is completely untrue.
Think of the drug from that movie as space adderall. The protagonist was already smart (being a writer and stuff), he just had no focus or motivation at all before being introduced to the drug.

FearCatalyst

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1hell View Post
94 on ASFAB gg!

(Test to get in to the military. Passing for Infantry is 21 with an average military wide of 39, and a max of 99)
I took the ASVAB when I was 15 because it got me out of class.

I got a 91.

Dobagoh

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I always love when people on the internet talk about what their IQ is, because it's above 120 almost every time
That's because everyone who is stupid doesn't want to contribute.

Jaykoboy

11-17-2011

I have an IQ of 144. I'm Mensa level. I'm good at my maths, I'm considered an amazing writer by all my close friends and teachers, I have a mind built for physics, and I can still play LoL.

That doesn't mean I have good grades. I'm defficient with my homework capabilities. I ace every test, and I never do well on homework, so I get straight C's. Mensa level ain't all it's cracked up to be.

-Jaykoboy-

Dobagoh

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I have an IQ of 144. I'm Mensa level. I'm good at my maths, I'm considered an amazing writer by all my close friends and teachers, I have a mind built for physics, and I can still play LoL.

That doesn't mean I have good grades. I'm defficient with my homework capabilities. I ace every test, and I never do well on homework, so I get straight C's. Mensa level ain't all it's cracked up to be.

-Jaykoboy-
No, that just means you have ADD.

Mensa is also a joke. Requirements for getting into it is like...scoring in the top 5%, or something? 5%? Who cares about getting into a club for the top 5%?