I took an IQ test today.

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angel1hell

11-17-2011

94 on ASFAB gg!

(Test to get in to the military. Passing for Infantry is 21 with an average military wide of 39, and a max of 99)

CAVEC

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeblerz View Post
I find it funny that the entire basis of the movie limitless (only using a small portion of your brain at once) is completely untrue.
Well, it is correct in a sense.

A large part of frontal lobes are dormant in the brain (one third or so), which helps propogate the myth that we use only a portion of our brain. The truth is, we only use a fraction of our potential, not mass, despite the two being correlated.

There was this study on people with hydrocephalus, where 90% of the brain had eventually been dissolved by an accumulation of acidic spinal fluid, yet the IQ of the subjects remained constant during the entire process (this is probably where the 10% number came from).

VampireToast

11-17-2011

* cough cough* only ******* think you can type sarcasm.

kaepori

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireToast View Post
* cough cough* only ******* think you can type sarcasm.
You must have missed the part where I said I was 4, and it was a joke not sarcasm.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKMAP View Post
86, what's that, like a B+? GJ OP!
Not quite... average adult IQ is 90-100 :P and on the grading scale C is average.

Hopper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

ITT: People who are geniuses yet are too dumb to realise online IQ tests are BS. Yes I took one several years ago and yes I got a high score, it's not hard. They are designed to make you feel smart so you buy one of their certificates or whatever.

Also people completely missing the point of the OP.

LupusAlbus

11-17-2011

Just got a 68. Need some tutoring and I should rock it next time.

Yugthrad

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo296 View Post
Last IQ test I took online was.......145? I think...that was about 2 years ago too.

BRB, OFF TO TAKE AN IQ TEST =D
Once you get start High School IQ tests stop really working properly so unless you are like 12 it doesn't honestly matter. If you are 14 currently however good job young one.

Tyhan

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCaVec View Post
Any IQ test with a "maximum possible score" is undermining what IQ is supposed to be able to represent and was most likely severely flawed.
The thing is any IQ test will have a maximum possible score, because if you can get everything right and do it at the fastest possible time the only thing left to judge is the difficulty of those questions. There are versions of IQ tests that are for less smart people that would have issues with the normal test which is what everyone should take to start, and the genius version for people who got really high on a normal test and want to see if they can get higher on that. I got the one for less smart people as it was part of the test when being put into special ed (my emotional problems etc) and I can assure you everyone else in there at the time had the intelligence of a first grader at most (in junior high).

Doran

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeidoscope View Post
ITT: People who are geniuses yet are too dumb to realise online IQ tests are BS. Yes I took one several years ago and yes I got a high score, it's not hard. They are designed to make you feel smart so you buy one of their certificates or whatever.

Also people completely missing the point of the OP.
Largely this. Come at me with a professional psychological assessment from a certified psychologist, and I'll take you seriously. That's generally the easiest way to get a rough idea of the range you're in. In reality the online tests are literally a complete joke.

Edited a wee bit for clarity.

12345678 ... 9