New Kennen masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yodle

11-17-2011

Hi, I've been wondering what kind of masteries to get now that they've been changed for Kennen. I used to run 9/21/0 for the magic pen in offense and health/tankyness in defense since he didn't benefit from anything in utility because he doesn't have mana. I also uised a pretty standard caster rune set: Flat AP quints, magic pen reds, and cdr blues. I used Health per level yellows (or flat, can't remember atm, not at home, but pretty sure it was per level) but I also had energy regen runes, but didn't use them since most people believe they don't really help.

Now that the new masteries in offense benifit AP carries just as much as AD carries, I started going 21/6/3, getting armor, MR, and Health in defense and the extra energy in utility (+10). I also switched my runes from the healths back to the energy (expecting that the combined +10 energy and regeneration will actually be effective now) and starting replacing my cdr with flat AP runes (for even more starting AP and because cdr isn't good on Kennen). However, looking at this I believe I have effectively removed my survivability early on (I start out with an amp. tome and a pot instead of the shield). The spell vamp mastery also seems sort of not useful since it's only 3% despite my love of using spell vamp on Kennen.

My question is which build is right now I feel like I'm starting myself with too much AP (it's about 42 right now with only having 3 ability power blues atm (don't have enough IP for the rest)). I'm thinking I should change the energy regen back to the health and possibly go 21/9/0, but I really would like some feedback

Yodle

11-18-2011

bump

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

bump

Yodle

11-19-2011

bump

IS1f9a4f2a95debc

11-19-2011

This is what ive been running since the mastery changes: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-kennen-guide

Im liking the raw damage of the offensive tree, I've been placing my 9th utlity point into some added spellvamp as opposed to the guides buff duration mastery, to just give me that slight extra spellvamp (prob useless honestly). I'm yet to go down the defensive tree as him but i think some of them could work.

Yodle

11-21-2011

Yeah I didn't think the 1%-3% extra spell vamp would honestly matter; you could just use Spirit Vissage to get extra vamp and health.

Ayestes

11-21-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=1-0-4-0-0-4-0-0-0-1-2-0-0-4-0-4-1&tree2=0-3-1-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

I've been running MagPen Marks, AP/lvl Seals and Glyphs, and AP Quints. Accompanied with Ignite and Ghost. Flash over Ghost if I feel like I'm going to have be the one initiating. I don't think 9 points in Utility are worth it over the Resists and Health you can get out of Defense.