Spell life Steail

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zerfman

Senior Member

09-30-2009

I think it would be cool to have an item that grants spell life steal like Morgana's passive. any thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2009

The % of lifesteal would have to be lowered for AOE spells, but it could be interesting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zerfman

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
The % of lifesteal would have to be lowered for AOE spells, but it could be interesting.
why is this? its not for morgana's passive. i just think it would have to be a low percentage. say 5% or something


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2009

I wasn't really thinking about hers, but other champs w/ AP, the item could become OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelSeven

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerfman View Post
why is this? its not for morgana's passive.
Because it would either be very weak against single targets, or extremely overpowered for some AE spells, like katarina, lich, etc.

Somehow I figure this is harder to implement with some spells, e.g. pirate ult, teemo mines.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zerfman

Senior Member

09-30-2009

i suppose thats true. but thats why a low percentage would be necessary


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ddaimyo

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerfman View Post
why is this? its not for morgana's passive. i just think it would have to be a low percentage. say 5% or something
Because it would be massively overpowered otherwise. Morgana is balanced around that passive, and it is only 5%. If Spell Life Steal was a stackable stat that had no cap like melee lifesteal then spells like Crowstorm, Absolute Zero, Spell Flux, and many others would become overpowered with lifesteal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zerfman

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Hmm so would it work of you got the full percentage with single target spells and a reduced percentage withe aoe spells?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ddaimyo

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerfman View Post
Hmm so would it work of you got the full percentage with single target spells and a reduced percentage withe aoe spells?
Possibly. But keep in mind as well the difference in damage between magical and physical. Physical damage (base attack damage that lifesteal applies to) comes in relatively small hits. So if you hit for 100 each swing, and have 50% lifesteal, you'll heal for 50 health per attack. Now compare that to a nuker. If I shoot you for 500 damage and heal for 50% of that, I healed 250 health instantly. That's far more powerful than 50 health per swing with the same amount of lifesteal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaimyo View Post
Possibly. But keep in mind as well the difference in damage between magical and physical. Physical damage (base attack damage that lifesteal applies to) comes in relatively small hits. So if you hit for 100 each swing, and have 50% lifesteal, you'll heal for 50 health per attack. Now compare that to a nuker. If I shoot you for 500 damage and heal for 50% of that, I healed 250 health instantly. That's far more powerful than 50 health per swing with the same amount of lifesteal.
Thank you for hitting the nail on the head. I couldn't put it into words for some reason. Long day at work... /sigh


12