[Champion Suggestion]Nava, The Tactical Sniper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merrill

09-30-2009

Description: Tristana’s older sister Nava prefers to use stealth and precision strikes over relentless attacks. She uses a backpack that contains a lightning elemental. This electric power source is used to power a Rail Gun and a Cloaking generator.

Physical description: Looks a lot like Tristana except for longer hair which is messy. Her backpack and gun look something like the Ghostbusters’s setup, Wires connecting the gun and the backpack look very unsafe shooting sparks everywhere when fired.

Health 4/10
Damage 7/10
Spells 3/10
Skill 10/10

Ranged, Snare, Assassin, Carry

Passive:
Precision: While Camouflage is activated Nava’s range steadily increases by 150 per second with a maximum increase of 900 range on all physical attacks and abilities.

Q Attack
Deadly Shot: Nava sends extra energy to her rail gun firing an extra heavy slug. This shot collides with the first enemy it hits.
Effect: Shot line effects first enemy it encounters. Deals 100% weapon damage +70/115/160/205/250 can crit.
Note: Same conditions as parrrlay.
Cool down 12 seconds

W Attack
Static Cling: Nana shoots a special electrically charged bullet which when hitting a target causes them to be snared in place for a short time.
Effect: Weapon damage + Snare for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds.
Cool down 18 seconds

E Attack
Camouflage: Remaining stationary Nava puts up a cloaking field which instantaneously makes her invisible. Attacking, moving or taking any damage will cause this ability to fail. In addition the first attack (ability or physical) will have a bonus chance to critical hit an enemy.
Effect: Invisibility while active drains 50/45/40/35/30 mana a second. the first attack while invisible will have a bonus 10/15/20/25/30% chance to crit. Moving, Attacking, or taking damage will cause this ability to cool down.
Cool down 5 seconds

R Attack
Tactical Advantage: Increasing the output to her cloaking generator Nana is able to stay hidden even while firing.
Effect: Camouflage will not cancel while attacking for 6/11/16 seconds. While invisable attack damage and attack speed is reduced by 25% due to energy being used to sustain the cloak.
Cool down 120 seconds

Truhls

09-30-2009

Ok, wow The passive and ult are insane.

THis is probably the most insanely OP Post yet on the forums.

Merrill

09-30-2009

Well it is a sniper. There are limitations i put into the skills to keep it from being OP. You cant really tower harrass (fireing at towers or champions next to towers) untill 6 even then its goning to cost a lot of mana. If you see Nava go invs you know her range will temp increase so you can back. Aoes will take her out of invs right away. She cant stay in it forever due to the mana cost. The range is only active when shes invs. She has little or no escaping power. It takes time to get range in order to snipe groups, easily avoided.

The ult/camo/passive combo can be very deadly but so can highlander+wuju style in fact i think yi's attack abiltiy far exceeds this.

I agree she would be very strong late game but i dont see her doing well untill then. And even then shes not a good pusher due to having to be stationary to go invs.

You should really think about mechanics before calling something crazy op. Personally this hero is one of the weaker ones ive suggested.

Passive

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
Ok, wow The passive and ult are insane.

This is probably the most insanely OP Post yet on the forums.
Agreed, this is fairly ridiculous.

Merrill

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passive View Post
Agreed, this is fairly ridiculous.
Explain exactly why this would be ridiculous?

Graty

09-30-2009

You can essentially kill people from another lane over and they'll never know how or what.

Truhls

09-30-2009

Honestly the fact you dont know how/why these would be so OP tells me this is your first MOBA Game.

Range essentialy=godly in this kind of game. Tristana has a passive that increases her range by what..50? yours is 900..............that is a LONG distance. " Here i get to shoot you and you never get to see me or know whath appened muahahaha " Is basically what you posted lol.

Merrill

10-01-2009

Well i can see people dont understand the concept of what i proposed so let me explain a bit.

1. She will only get 1 shot at the bonus range then it drops back to 500 or 400 what ever it is to start with.

2. She cannot move or will instantly lose the bonus range.

3. Shots will have graphics so you can see where they are coming from.

4. She would have to have sight of the enemy champion in order to shoot at it. (Summoner skills would break invs)

5. It would take at least 6 seconds to gain the full bonus range. Which means it takes a minimum of 180 mana to charge it to full. Shes a physical based attack hero which means her mp will be low.

6. She cant chase and shoot at that distance.

7. Easily countered by cardmaster, pirate, lich, Rammus, teemo, Item thornmail All of which can break her stealth with ults or abilites. Remember any damage taken will break the invs and thus removing the bonus range.

Yes range is very powerfull, but there are other mechanisms that are way more deadly/frustrating. Such as Yi running in and wiping a team in 5 seconds. Warwick ult, moment speed and life steal. Twitch invs and aoe shooting. Her ult tones down the damage, and if it happens to be too strong that can always be adjusted.

Since it takes time to set up it would just take knowlage of the character to counter. Just as in constantly moving around with ashe to avoid her ult. Calling mia would be the death of her. She doesnt have the sneakyness of twitch and eyelynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graty View Post
You can essentially kill people from another lane over and they'll never know how or what.
Yes that is her special ability, Lich and pirate can kill characters anywhere on the map. 1300-1400 range is not as far as you think. Its about the distance of a tower 1 and 2 of the middle lane. Sure it can shoot over some terrain but defenity not from across the map. And if you shooting over terrain thats already going to be at 1000+ range which a few steps in the other direction and your safe. Not to mention she has to see you. Flash to some shrubs and your fine.

Gissmo

10-01-2009

I would say this hero sounds great and I can't see the problem with the increased range for 1 auto-attack hit. Also the stationary stealth would be a really nice touch and I think it would require some skill to use it well.

I must say tho a lot of the skills look really cool the "firing while stealthed" ulti seems a little too much. Sure the stealth can be broken by damage but unless you're playing a character with aoe skills or a tank that actually has a reason to buy Thornmail I wouldn't want to waste a lot of money buying Thornmail just to counter this one skill.

Anyway would be fun to see this character in the game, GJ!

Sythion

10-01-2009

Even if the numbers need tweaking, really cool character concept! One of the most interesting in terms of gameplay/style that I've seen!