Best 1v1 Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NostalgiaDriive

10-20-2012

Riven is pretty good early/mid after that I'd have to say Jax or Olaf.

NostalgiaDriive

10-20-2012

Riven is pretty good early/mid game but after that i think Olaf.

BloodFungus

10-20-2012

I will say tyrn only because of his ult, but Ill add with out his ult he is 100% useless. I mean from what I have seen he does not fight battles correctly and is more likely to run from a fight while his ULT is on Cool Down. or even make stupid moves while its down. ! Jax with out his ult can still be useful. Olaf Still usefull Xin, Yi...

Dig15times

10-21-2012

1v1 is a rock, paper, scissors type game. There are a few that are better than everyone else (trynd, jax, etc.) but they all counter each other.

Evolnemesis

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig15times View Post
1v1 is a rock, paper, scissors type game. There are a few that are better than everyone else (trynd, jax, etc.) but they all counter each other.
All except Heimer... he counters almost everyone... and he tends to counter the ones that are strong against everyone else even harder.

Any AD will not have a good time against him if he rushes glacial shroud... that's a ton of mana for spamming spells and a bunch of armor and a bunch of FREE cooldown reduction (shroud is very stat-efficient, the cdr does end up being free) on the champ that has the best health regen IN THE GAME (yes more than mundo)... with masteries he can literally cap his cdr at 40% at level 6 with JUST that shroud and 1st rank of his ult. And his base damages are also actually some of the best in the game, it's just his scaling with AP that is a little weak.

However he tends to win so hard early that it won't get to where that is noticeable. He can towerdive incredibly well, so hiding and farming under towers isn't even an option if you are losing to him, he has incredible range, pushing, poke and zoning capabilities (have fun farming while he's throwing 3 second blinds at you every 5 seconds) and it is almost impossible to trade any of his damage back or win damage trades with him in lane. He will eat your towers like ... ummm... something really delicious... you get my point. He's not feared in Dominion and ARAM for nothing.

TL;DR: Heimerdinger... broken laning kit is broken.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Interesting question...

I don't remember how long Trynd's invulnerability is, but I'm thinking it's about 5 or 6 seconds...I'll assume 5 seconds and go from there...

but if we're playing with items we have to assume that, technically, Trynd could also Zhonya's invincible for 2.5 extra seconds to withstand a spike. Furthermore, with items he could get all the one-shotting blast items like hextech revolver, bilgewater cutlass, and the skull-magicky-shootie-you-in-the-face-for-30%-health-thingey.

I'm thinking stuns would be an important part of this equation as well...What's the longest control-impairing effect? Fiddle's fear at 3 seconds? Would one of the Taunt abilities last longer, like Galio's ult?

If Karthus has the most AP he could reasonably get, would he be able to one-shot the opponent? Gangplank? Ziggs?

I'm getting ahead of myself though, because if we are talking about ONE fight, that's one thing, but if we're talking about an entire 1v1 match in summoner's rift?

Right off the bat, farming and movement speed becomes more important than invulnerability. Who has the best farming in the game? Darius or Garen with their spin-to-win manuevers?

And if one of them farms better but the other pushes down towers faster and another one tends to dominate in fights, shouldn't we split this thread into 3 or more "best" champion strategy threads?

Anyway I still feel that the hardest spike is going to win the game, and the hardest spike I think I ever saw was a gangplank's pistol shot. He was one-shotting my teammates and I, doing over 1300 per crit. Plus his ult can hit across the map, so trying to out-push him might prove difficult. He has a heal (wait it also cleanses, doesn't it?)...the only thing is I think he's a bit limited on farming other than his ultimate.

Sivir is a fast pusher that is a ranged carry and she can block an ability, so that's pretty tough, too.

I'm voting the best 1v1 champ has gotta be one of the ranged carries because they can deal the highest damage over the longest period of time...at a distance.

So I'm going to put this out here now. Urgot.

At long range he hits with Corrosive charge to lower the target's armor (20%) and then, also at long range, hits with up to 4 acid-hunter missiles, each of them dealing about 130+0.8 of AD to the target and, if his shield is up, slowing the target by about 40%.

His basic attacks and Acid-Hunter missiles reduce the target's damage by 15% for 2.5 seconds and he can use his ultimate to suppress the target, after which he gains a huge boost (well over 100) to armor and magic resist for a few seconds.

Also I'm biased in favor of him. So there.

P.S.> TL;DR: if your that impatient go play the game. What a jerk you are.

P.S.S.> *you're

High Carnifex

10-22-2012

I'm really surprised at all the Trynd support. Tryndamere, against a player with any skill, is incredibly easy to kill. The only thing he has going for him is his ultimate. I, honestly, think that Malzahar is one of the strongest 1v1 champs, especially considering it's blind pick. I can't think of many champs that just deny Malz early and good enough to cripple him. E>Q>W>R>Repeat-R... GG? His AP ratios are great, lowish CDs, not high mana costs, and his passive matches up very well for early game dominance. People usually miss out on farm and exp, for fear of getting his E on them. Match Malz up with Deathcap, DFG, and some other goodies and he's damned near unstoppable 1v1.

Warwick honestly isn't that bad to fight. His ult is the big deal here. Teemo is harder to beat, but lacks durability... And if he has durability, he lacks speed and/Or damage. GP has some sick harass, but he loses out on his ult, I feel. Ashe can kite and fight well, but tends to be very easy to kill, unless you sorely lack a gap closer. Katarina has good burst and a good late game, but anyone with range can cripple her early game. Vayne does absolutely INSANE damage, but lacks durability. Voli would be considered, but I feel he lacks damage. Kassadin would be good for shutting down any champ kills and probably good at winning... I doubt he'd be good enough to win 1v1 vs a lot of other choices. Naturally there are a lot of potentials... But in my opinion, Malzahar with his % damage, suppressing ult, and powerful DOT and silence, take the cake.

Arawraxx

10-22-2012

Malz has too many counters to name, a few: GP, Talon, Kat (I think kat...?)

Truth is, anyone with good harass could beat trynd. Teemo immediately comes to mind as his poison wreaks havoc on your health. One or two shots and back away and it melts you in lane.

NYRob

10-22-2012

I am also surprised at the mass trynd answers. GP counters Trynd very easily with his stacking slow, and is also good for 1v1. Not to mention decent items + ninjas against trynd takes away a good amount of damage and anyone with a slow can counter his ult. Lots are good for 1v1 in different situations. From my experience olaf seems to be the best.

MavzTheMahi

12-26-2012

leblanc?