Who is the best mid roam.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sik Range

08-20-2013

Ok I posted on here once, I am back in b5 as of today, climbed up to b3, got to promotion, and it went downhill since that. But I have been learning more and more each time I play. So I figured out today, I had a game of 12/2/8 on Syndra, 25 minute win I think, next game I faced a lux, bullied her but I finished I think 1/7, I was ganked 7 times by the jungler and 2 more times by top and jungle, (don't say "buy wards") because I did, it was a ramus and jax so they said forget the turret. I later qued with the jax and he told me the luxx was asking all game for help and considering my top and bottom got dominated completely, I felt as if I was 1 v 5. But something caught my eye, champions like Jax have good sustain, stun, etc. Great overall champ. So I was wondering, does anyone have suggestions, OTHER than talon, than has potential to be a solid min (meaning can hold lane against most opponents) but also have the potential to help other lanes.

You might tell me, well duh every champion, but the problem with Syndra is her stun is a very long cd, and being in bronze bot and top aren't always warded properly, so I could potentially walk into a bad situation and be a part of the problem myself. I was thinking maybe Kassadin? I practiced him a bit today, so far I have a seem to have a issue with using my rift walk and still attacking, I am making the mistake of Q, R, E, and then no W+AA to follow which is completely my fault but like I said, first day kassadin. Any other champion suggestions that you think might fit my description? And please keep in mind, I am not asking "Whos a OP champ I can carry with" don't we all want that? Im asking if there is a solid champion that can cover ground and be decently safe in the process and would be viable to help out other lanes.

The Consumed One

08-20-2013

Frequent bans in higher ELO are sometimes targeted on champions who can roam quickly and efficiently. The top 3 I've seen banned due to roaming capabilities in order from highest roam potential are Twisted fate, Kassadin, and Ahri. Of course other champions who have high mobility can also achieve successful roaming like Evelyn mid. Scarra from Dignitas proved that Evelyn mid may not be much of a threat in the middle, but the ganks were unpredictable.

Rrett

08-20-2013

I've carried a smurf or up from bronze 5 to silver, and honestly, you're completely right in wanting to find some one who can really push the advantage.

I my self actually base my champ pool on pushy an advantage or creating one out side of lane, so I hope you heed my advice well.

Lee sin mid. I actually play him against plats, and I do good. In low elo, if you have good prediction with him, you can get a 10 kill advantage with him in 10 minutes and hands down win the game.
Start with red pot, and 3 hpots. Start with E, and get Q 2nd. Try and push the lane up to the turret as much as possible early, though at your elo it shouldn't matter to much. at around the 2-3 minute mark, head to where they're going to do their 2nd buff. Though make sure you're lvl 2 before you go invade at least. Then proceed to head into their jungle, you don't even have to be too discreet about it, as bronze players tend to lack reactions and team work. Just landing your E on the jungler at that point is almost a certain kill. Too many times have I walked into the jungle, killed the jungler, have the mid have an insanely late reaction, then I kill them, then head top and kill their top. 3 kills in 3 minutes. Then rush a hydra and last whisper. When you play lee, you generally want to gank more than you lane almost. Ward coverage at your elo is almost non existent.

I'd actually love to teach you some more, so if you want to add me, I'd be fine with that.
My ign is Rrett

MoonshadeRequiem

08-20-2013

Diana is a great roaming mid due to her ability to dominate most mid lane champions very easily (I've only lost mid as Diana twice, once due to crazy ganks and once to a Mordekaiser), and what I love about her is her damage is no reliant on a long cooldown spell like Syndra (don't get me wrong I love playing Syndra but her burst is ult reliant) as well as how well she counters squishy mid lane characters, and how easy it is to put out a ton of damage while still being tanky. Grab mobility boots and every time you destroy their mid you can jump bot or top and help tear them a new one. Just remember your very vulnerable pre-6, and though you'll deal great damage a fed Yi will still rip you in half. Build wise I like RoA, the Unholy Grail, Zhonya's, either Mobi or Sorcerer Boots, and two of these four Abyssal, Deathcap, Lich Bane or Nashor's

vortical42

08-20-2013

If you are willing to try something a little unconventional, AP Nasus fits the bill quite nicely. His spirit fire provides some of the best wave clear in the game if leveled early. He also synergizes nicely with pretty much all the tanky AP items, especially Zhona's. His biggest weakness is mobility. If you want to roam with him, teleport and mobility boots are pretty much required.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Evelynn completely wrecks Gold 3 down if you can get her in mid lane. She bypasses wards and has great shoving ability to leave her lane.

Fizz is another great mid for ganking as he can wall jump to by pass wards and not have to walk a million miles around every ward.

Ahri is good as she can triple blink into a good ganking position if it is warded well.

TF As listed above.

Orianna is good if you're good with her. Her W Makes her move very quickly between lanes.

Teemo's absurdly annoying in mid lane for most champions, and he has a fast movement speed and his shrooms keep people from following effectively. I hate Teemo though, and if I'm jungling and you're mid I will gank you. Nonstop. All game. Don't care if I lose, you will die if I am jungling.

Xerath isn't very fast, but he has the ability to surprise snipe under a turret if they are hugging it. If not, they are running away and skill shots should be fairly easy to land. Very high skill cap, though.

Kassadin is the god of ganking. Once he hits 6, he's to any lane in about 15-20s and comes in dishing out tons of damage. Also he doesn't care about turrets, slows, quick reflexes, or bad ass jukes.

Lee Sin if you can play him just rapes mids. Bad. Like Really, really, bad. Then he rapes other lanes. Really...Really... bad.

Khaz'Ix is a pretty good mobile mid.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but that's the premier selection of mobile mids.

PopsickIe

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonshadeRequiem View Post
Diana is a great roaming mid due to her ability to dominate most mid lane champions very easily (I've only lost mid as Diana twice, once due to crazy ganks and once to a Mordekaiser), and what I love about her is her damage is no reliant on a long cooldown spell like Syndra (don't get me wrong I love playing Syndra but her burst is ult reliant) as well as how well she counters squishy mid lane characters, and how easy it is to put out a ton of damage while still being tanky. Grab mobility boots and every time you destroy their mid you can jump bot or top and help tear them a new one. Just remember your very vulnerable pre-6, and though you'll deal great damage a fed Yi will still rip you in half. Build wise I like RoA, the Unholy Grail, Zhonya's, either Mobi or Sorcerer Boots, and two of these four Abyssal, Deathcap, Lich Bane or Nashor's
I definitely agree with this guy. Assassins are a really good way to carry hard. Diana, Zed, Akali.... they do require a degree of skill... practice up with them before trying it in ranked good luck man.

D E Merry

08-20-2013

There are three things that are necessary for mid roam.
(A) A good pusher. There's no point in roaming if the minions are at your tower.
(B) A good farmer. You should be getting cs if you're behind severely, not roaming.
(C) A mobile champion. If you vanish for too long, the enemy may back off. The best way to pull this off is to (1) take teleport and hop to an unseen ward, (2) pick someone who can quickly travel through walls to dodge wards (Kassadin, Katarina, Jax, Kha Zix, Zed, etc.), (3) pick someone who has fast movement speed (Nidalee, Teemo, etc.), or (4) pick Eve and bypass every green ward, make it hard for the enemy to realize you're vanished because you maybe stealthed in lane, and be extremely mobile. You can also gank with your jungler so counterganks from the enemy team fail.
I would actually just take teleport if you plan to roam in the first place. A well placed brushed in bot lane could mean a quick double kill. Just make sure your enemy laner isn't a godlike pusher.

Sik Range

08-20-2013

First off, thanks for all the responses. I have considered eve, I have noticed she gets fed 3 out of 4 games that I play with-against her. Not sure if its peoples lack of knowledge about her passive, or the fact that in my elo wards are simply not used for some odd reason or they believe support is the solo ward person which is wrong, its a team effort. I purchased Kha'zix today and I have been using him, had a few successful and a few unsuccessful games, most guides I find are a bit out dated and there seems to have been a patch since the guides were published. I think kassadin might be nice for me to learn more because of all the champs I feel he is extremely mobile. I have played against some very tough Diana's also. I am considering her. I think im actually about to log in, but, and test. Thanks for the responses and I will take it all in and try to figure out my strategy to get me through this tough elo.

Whynters

08-21-2013

Eve...

No one roams like her.

She goes where she pleases. ( So does AP Janna... But I dont reccomend that unless your ADC derps like a bauss)