Im in a rut and need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockSolidFeeder

07-23-2014

I've been doing so bad lately. Sometimes im a mediocre to good player. But sometimes I just fall into a rut and I play terribly for weeks. At the beginning of the season I did my ranked and got Bronze III, which I was unhappy with because it was lower then my rank last year. I did ranked que's for awhile and got to Silver V duo'ing with my friend. It isnt much but I was proud, but now I cant climb at all. My skill level from last month and this feels miles apart, and this happens a good amount from time to time. It seems every step forward lately results in another step back and the game just isnt fun despite how much I love it.

Any advice?

My Account: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/37429846#profile

Miney

07-23-2014

One tip Stop Dieing So Much in your last 6 games u have died nearly or more then 10 times. Try playing passive if your not winning the lane try to keep your deaths under 5

like this http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25959745#matches i have only one game where i had 5 deaths

RockSolidFeeder

07-24-2014

[QUOTE=Miney;48718151]One tip Stop Dieing So Much in your last 6 games u have died nearly or more then 10 times. Try playing passive if your not winning the lane try to keep your deaths under 5

I know that was kindoff a small thing, but today I was consciously trying to play safer. I had two pretty good games today. Although im still not under that 5 deaths bar you set id like to thank you. Funny how such a small comment can make such a large impact on my day. Thank you

Melvear

07-24-2014

CS could and should be higher. Aim for about 70 cs per 10 minutes of game. This should be well within your abilities, and will help make your performances more consistent.

Another thing I notice is in your past 10 games, there is no champion repetition. You really want to focus on as few as possible to be able to get really good with those. I know sometimes you want a change of pace and that's fine, but having 1-2 champion per lane that you know in depth is best. If there are lanes you barely ever play or don't like, having a single champion for that position is fine too. I hardly ever play mid or support so if I'm stuck in one of those roles, I'll fall back on Vlad, which I play top normally, or Karma. Sometimes it's not the best pick for the match up in lane, but it's better to play that than a counter pick you don't know how to use.

GIJ App Tweety

07-24-2014

Add me, I'll carry you out of bronze.

GIJ App Tweety

07-24-2014

and change your name...

Doriceliya

07-24-2014

One suggestion I have is to create many Mastery pages for different things.
Sometimes you might not want to be a pure tank or pure damage, just saying.

In terms of your games, your cs is pretty low. Which is easily fixable. It's only recently that i myself started to try to improve my cs (which still sucks a lot when i am adc ... lol)

I am not sure how familiar you are to champions and their abilities (so i am goign only off of Lolking), you might want to consider 'mastering' a few champions. In my experience the more experienced you are with a singular champion it helps you understand your enemies, and how to counter them in different situations... (if that makes any sense to you)

I'd be happy to play with you and try to give you tips, or even get some myself. I mean we can all grow right?