A Good PC For LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choosy Moms

06-28-2010

hey guys.
im looking into buying a new pc mainly for playing LoL, recording LoL with fraps, recording my Xbox 360 with and HD capture card, and editing it all with sony vegas.

while recording LoL, i want to be able have every video quality setting set to 'very high' and still maintain an excellent frame rate (40-80 fps).

although im not exactly sure what i need for this, i have found a PC that i think may be right:

Alienware Aurora
core i7 920 processor (2.66 GHz 8 MB cache quad core)
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3 memory
Dual 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 with CrossfireX™ Enabled Video Card (Full DX11 support)

i think thats pretty much all the stuff that goes into determining the gaming performance of a PC. Is it good enough? is it too much? i have no idea... this exact PC costs $1,488.99 with a speaker system.

so i was hoping someone reading this may know a lot about computers and be able to help me out. any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

oh, and P.S.
whats the deal with the "Killer Xeno Pro"? it says it's supposed to increase FPS in online games by 27%. is it worth it? thanks again!

Shad Grimgravy

06-28-2010

I think it will be more than fine. I run LoL on a Mac.

/thread

killsteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

Yeah that's extreme overkill. You could spend a third of that amount and still get something that runs LoL on max settings no problem.

f3jk

06-28-2010

"my mom bought me new pc..."

epen rised?

Miserable Failure_

Banned

06-28-2010

That'd be overfine.

Makarray

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2010

never buy alienware premades, they cost MUCH more than they would be worth if you just put the computer together like legos

HolyChalice

06-28-2010

I can build a six core pc way cheaper then that

ApostlePeter

06-28-2010

Why would you buy Alienware?

build your own rig

MagentaSock

Chokolateh

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGGyCupCaKeS View Post
hey guys.
im looking into buying a new pc mainly for playing LoL, recording LoL with fraps, recording my Xbox 360 with and HD capture card, and editing it all with sony vegas.

while recording LoL, i want to be able have every video quality setting set to 'very high' and still maintain an excellent frame rate (40-80 fps).

although im not exactly sure what i need for this, i have found a PC that i think may be right:

Alienware Aurora
core i7 920 processor (2.66 GHz 8 MB cache quad core)
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3 memory
Dual 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 with CrossfireX™ Enabled Video Card (Full DX11 support)

i think thats pretty much all the stuff that goes into determining the gaming performance of a PC. Is it good enough? is it too much? i have no idea... this exact PC costs $1,488.99 with a speaker system.

so i was hoping someone reading this may know a lot about computers and be able to help me out. any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

oh, and P.S.
whats the deal with the "Killer Xeno Pro"? it says it's supposed to increase FPS in online games by 27%. is it worth it? thanks again!

Alienware is never worth it, except for the case if you're a casewore.

You can build a pc that dominates this one, and even overclock it to dominate it far more, for alot cheaper.