How to fix dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GFiber

11-16-2011

release ranked

Our Hero Niko

11-16-2011

that wont do anything...

you need to have a balanced meta or people will just chose overpowered strategies...
note how i said "strategies"
not champs.

there are good strategies, then there are ones made to exploit the faults in a game.

Alvinheimer

11-16-2011

what's wrong with good strategy?

Elealar

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Hero Niko View Post
that wont do anything...

you need to have a balanced meta or people will just chose overpowered strategies...
note how i said "strategies"
not champs.

there are good strategies, then there are ones made to exploit the faults in a game.
Such as?

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
what's wrong with good strategy?
he is not saying anything is wrong with good strategies he is concerned with strategies that exploit game flaws. I feel that there are very few of these right now and that riot will have this fixed shortly.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizmic View Post
he is not saying anything is wrong with good strategies he is concerned with strategies that exploit game flaws. I feel that there are very few of these right now and that riot will have this fixed shortly.
I know of one "strategy" (not sure if they fixed it with last patch), but I don't think many others do, and I hate it and think it's unfair, so I don't use it. I would post what it is, but I don't want it going around. But I think they have a few more kinks to work out before Dominion ranked is released.

Alvinheimer

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizmic View Post
I see. I haven't found any glaring design flaws in Dominion. With the exception of the same 4 champs being permabanned, but there's 6 bans now so i can scratch that from my list.

What other flaws have you noticed?

GFiber

11-16-2011

gameplay advances when there is a reason to compete

mufins

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiber View Post
gameplay advances when there is a reason to compete
thisx1000

Balancing around normal que is straight up retarded since you really don't know which champions are good cuz their pubstompers and which are good cuz they're actually good.

I know i ban akali/shaco/rammus/kassadin not because i think their super op but more because i know someone on my team won't know how to pick/play against them.