0/15/15 Masteries for support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Something Snazzy

11-16-2011

Sure I lose the extra summoner skill CDR and regular CDR... but the new life masteries are quite nice and don't take many points into the defensive tree. And I still can get mana and mana regen.

But the biggest reason I love as 0/15/15? Initiator is too nice as a support.

Lostinthamusic

11-16-2011

I think that would be a nice combo. I'm still trying to figure my support masteries out.. the utility tree is drowned out in comparison to the new offense and defense tree, but to me, going 0/0/30 seems totally viable for a support as well.

Encoding

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinthamusic View Post
I think that would be a nice combo. I'm still trying to figure my support masteries out.. the utility tree is drowned out in comparison to the new offense and defense tree, but to me, going 0/0/30 seems totally viable for a support as well.

I agree entirely.

PerfidiousAlbion

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Snazzy View Post
Sure I lose the extra summoner skill CDR and regular CDR... but the new life masteries are quite nice and don't take many points into the defensive tree. And I still can get mana and mana regen.

But the biggest reason I love as 0/15/15? Initiator is too nice as a support.
You can get the bonus life from the defense tree by going 0/9/21, which seems like the best choice to me. That being said, I could totally see going 0/21/9 or 0/0/30 and doing just fine.

HerrJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

It really depends on the support champ I suppose. If they have no heal or a very bad heal, that extra durability can be useful. I don't think you need to go as far as 0/15/15, since you want to be able to spam cv as much as possible since the nerf.

It all comes down to your play style. For instance, I play Sona as sit in the back and beef up and heal my allies, so I want more utility over durability. In contrast, I play Alistar as a tanky support, blocking skill shots and knocking back enemies while healing.