[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jozu

10-19-2009

wow, does this guide ever own. just played my first game ever as veigar and scored 16 kills. there were times when i would move up to 2 people and they would run. haha, love it!

tartrus

10-20-2009

Thx Roku such a great guide, was still searching for the char i wanted to play and now ive found him. 4 wins ina row in 1 night so far and most games got most kills. I find him fun to play love watching casters **** them selves when i use my ULTI on em.

Reign28

10-20-2009

Veigar vs. Heimer solo. Does this matchup justify leveling up dark matter a little earlier, since its so strong against his turrets?

I only ask this because a relatively "Bad" Heimer player gave me trouble early-mid game with his turret spam, and using summoner Heal to keep his turrets up. I can only imagine what a good Heimer player can do.

Specifically, i didn't have enough mana/regen early on to take out his turret farm, which meant they levelled up quickly. And if i left my lane to gank mid-game, he would be pushing down my tower before i got back in time.

Is the only real option to ask my teammates to run in and smash up turrets every 5 mins or so? The issue we were having is that Heimer's team would teleport over to defend the turret farm with him.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign28 View Post
Veigar vs. Heimer solo. Does this matchup justify leveling up dark matter a little earlier, since its so strong against his turrets?

I only ask this because a relatively "Bad" Heimer player gave me trouble early-mid game with his turret spam, and using summoner Heal to keep his turrets up. I can only imagine what a good Heimer player can do.

Specifically, i didn't have enough mana/regen early on to take out his turret farm, which meant they levelled up quickly. And if i left my lane to gank mid-game, he would be pushing down my tower before i got back in time.

Is the only real option to ask my teammates to run in and smash up turrets every 5 mins or so? The issue we were having is that Heimer's team would teleport over to defend the turret farm with him.
Sorry for the extremely belated response, I've had a bunch of **** going on lately and forgot to reply.

I would say still don't level up dark matter. Try and hold out early on ignoring his turrets and focusing on your farm. You can still last hit with baleful pretty easy next to a turret. What I'd do is at about level 6-7 have a tank or someone come to your lane, clear out what he has, and then from there on out you should be able to control them with balefuls and shouldn't be too much of a strain on your mana. May put your ap a little behind but should work. TBH I haven't played any Heimers as Veigar yet, but this is what I'd try.

Isamaru

11-05-2009

Ok so I'm rather new to lol (1 week to be exact) and i have a few things i would like clarified.

I do not seem to make nearly as much gold as anyone else in the games i play in let alone have half of what you guys are talking about by the 30 minute mark (200ap). sure i don't have runes but i top out at 300 or 350 ap late game (45-50 mark). on top of all of this all i seem to be able to do is stun to help my team kill someone or do a little burst to finish someone off.

Its obvious to me that im playing wrong so i need to know what i am doing wrong so i can do it right.

Thanks in advance,

Isamaru

P.S. Great guide. with 1 week of lol ex under my belt some people already say i'm playing 100% better then before i checked your guide out.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
Ok so I'm rather new to lol (1 week to be exact) and i have a few things i would like clarified.

I do not seem to make nearly as much gold as anyone else in the games i play in let alone have half of what you guys are talking about by the 30 minute mark (200ap). sure i don't have runes but i top out at 300 or 350 ap late game (45-50 mark). on top of all of this all i seem to be able to do is stun to help my team kill someone or do a little burst to finish someone off.

Its obvious to me that im playing wrong so i need to know what i am doing wrong so i can do it right.

Thanks in advance,

Isamaru

P.S. Great guide. with 1 week of lol ex under my belt some people already say i'm playing 100% better then before i checked your guide out.
Runes do help a ton especially with my build. Without them his early/mid game is a little lacking, but not quite to the degree that you're experiencing. I'd say try and focus on last hitting a bit more. Like I said in the guide, you don't have to be around the creeps when they're all at high hp, just run forward and nuke or auto attack for the last hit. This way you stay out of harm (mostly) and still get all of the benefits. Being able to last hit creeps is an important skill and will grow in importance as the game changes to slightly involve individual skill more. The easiest way to last hit is completely ignore your melee creeps, and completely watch your ranged creeps. Your ranged creeps do the majority of damage, so if you watch what they're attacking you'll see what you need to last hit first. Another thing you can try is when the creeps are slightly below half, auto attack, wait til your auto attack is halfway there, then nuke. This is what I do often to speed up the last hit and ensure that I get it.

Good luck!

Rokudan

The Council

11-11-2009

With new items and tweaks coming into play I'll probably be doing a major revision within the next couple weeks. Most of the playstyle stuff will remain the same, but I'll probably end up tweaking my builds.

Probably going to wait til the store is out and I can mess with it a lot before I do that though. Almost positive the magic pen items will be in my build.

Holepuncher

11-11-2009

A guy i know hit 892 AP today with on veigar. With baron buff it was around 950.

(Both teams were made up of half good players and half feeders, so there were a ton of ez ganks and the game lasted forever.)

aMisfit

11-12-2009

Good stuff man.

I printed it out lol.

Arthas Menethil

11-12-2009

Primordial burst just got its level 1 damage doubled LOLOL.