[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergian View Post
Hey Roku! I love your guide =D Veigar is my favorite hero.

I didnt read through all the comments so I dont know if this was already posted.

I have a little oppinion about the "high risk - high reward" build. I tried to get Deathfire Grasp instead of Lich Bane. I like it more because of the high burst, nice cd reduction and ap. I dont think that normal attacks deal a huge damage with Veigar. Is Lich so much better because of the 100% bonus attack?

And something to add : When should I leap void staff? Because on my skill level there are people that dont buy magic armor and so I think its a little waste when it occures and there is no tank ;x ( doesnt happen often, but it happens. ) I could get Lich Bane + Deathfire Grasp then.
Natural resists are still decently high, and the void staff item itself isn't too shabby at all. But if you feel it's not working as well as something else, mix and match the builds! Also, a Deathfire Grasp is still a little iffy because of it's range. Veigar does so much damage that a dfg is only useful on the first hit, which is almost never in that short range that dfg has.

bobthegood

12-24-2009

Yeah, lichbane and deathfire are indulgences you can take, but by the time you get to that point you are already winning. Lichbane is also an ok stopgap measure if one or more of your inhibitors goes down as it lets you kill the mega creeps more effectively.

Oddly enough, I use lichbane and it rocks. But I'm usually winning already when I get it...

Kergian

12-30-2009

My last question is also curious and a little bit dumb ;D

Roku, what item build do you think is the best when facing high level players for example in tournaments ( with or without the veigar mirror build *I love to kill enemy Veigars * ) ? You already said that your "low ap vs high damage" build was the most safe.

Thanks in advance.

bobthegood

12-31-2009

Quote:

Roku, what item build do you think is the best when facing high level players for example in tournaments ( with or without the veigar mirror build *I love to kill enemy Veigars * ) ? You already said that your "low ap vs high damage" build was the most safe.

Thanks in advance.
The Viegar mirror, of which I have played extensively, comes down to 3 factors:

1. Survivability in terms of HP and MR. Mercury greaves are a must in this matchup, you'll need to escape an event if you get caught in it. Whoever lands a dark matter will be at a distinct advantage.

2. AP and mana. You want to get as much ap as possible while keeping your mana low. Soulstealer and picks are good. Abyssal scepter is great because it'll give you a nice chunk of ap, great MR, and it will lower his MR. Archangels is a no-no in the mirror.

3. Play skill. Often its going to come to whoever can land his stun first and who's ult is on cd, but all things equal, whoever has the best twitch reflex will win the fight. I play with flash and if I see the enemy viegar with his ult up I will be ready to flash dodge it. That move will usually win, but there was one time I flash dodged against him and then he flash dodged my ult as well and we both ran away. It was rather funny.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-31-2009

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Definitely love the low ap vs high damage and risky builds. They're pretty darn fun and effective. Unfortunately don't have first hand experience with veigar in tournaments (Haven't gotten a chance to use him...YET!) but I'd imagine one of these two depending on the enemy team comp.

Usually I check if they have characters that I'd need a dfg for, and if I think I could have a smooth early game or not. If they don't have high-hp chars or heavy heavy gankers, I go risky build. Otherwise I go low ap vs high damage.

Satyr Saint

12-31-2009

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that Nuklear Power got Hadoken from Street Fighter.

Stormworm

12-31-2009

Just thought id thank you aswell for this guide, as it really gave that extra info i needed to improve my game as Veigar. Usually when my event horizon appears, Malphite charges in and the enemy team starts dropping dead.

bobthegood

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormworm View Post
Just thought id thank you aswell for this guide, as it really gave that extra info i needed to improve my game as Veigar. Usually when my event horizon appears, Malphite charges in and the enemy team starts dropping dead.
Er... you should let malphite ult first then seek to contain the enemy within your event. If you are initiating then you are exposed. I personally tend to save my stun for the enemy carry and whoever else I can get caught in it because usually viegar's responsibility in team fights is to stun and drop the enemy carry with his combo.

Stormworm

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegood View Post
Er... you should let malphite ult first then seek to contain the enemy within your event. If you are initiating then you are exposed. I personally tend to save my stun for the enemy carry and whoever else I can get caught in it because usually viegar's responsibility in team fights is to stun and drop the enemy carry with his combo.
So far atleast, ive found that event horizon range is enough for me to be in a safe distance hiding behind our tank when i cast it.

Rokudan

The Council

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormworm View Post
So far atleast, ive found that event horizon range is enough for me to be in a safe distance hiding behind our tank when i cast it.

Good use of it! If you can stay safe and use it, event horizon will group people up for malphite to ult. Also, tanks should be protecting you before the fight starts, usually after the fight is engaged it is up to you to stay out of fire.