[Guide] Veigar, The Tiny Master of HADOKEN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiskX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Hahaha, woops. That would be because of how long ago I took the screenshots That was the interface in beta before the current one.

damn that kinda suck i really like the interface in your screen shot

Riotcontrol

12-03-2009

Been playing veigar following this guide, I prefer to get catalyst before boots to solve the early mana shortage, also I only get about 3 lvl of baleful and then max dark matter, it really helps to farm cash and I seem to only kill when dark matter hits, if it does you can finish with baleful or ultimate, if it doesnt hit I dont waste ultimate.

Anyway after several games I only got to archangels once, so its pretty gold intensive, you also need alot of baleful farm to actually kill someone before zhonyas, or hit the rank5 dark matter+ baleful + ultimate and still may not be enough for tanks.

If your team fed the enemy you cant kill anything, even when your doing a great game and your lvl is above them, you just dont got enough dmg to do it, and since your quite squishy when they get near your dead. I tried other setups and I believe Veigar has that little problem, if all goes well hes awesome, if your losing, he is useless.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-03-2009

Just wanted to inform all the Veigar players out there that the new item, Haunting Guise, is pretty **** awesome. I been having a much smoother transition from early to mid game with the hp and mana regen. Plus with the magic pen from this item, the sorceress boots, red runes, and mastery you can really harass people with baneful into a nice ult setup. 55 Magic Pen + Mastery = Win

MrScrub

12-03-2009

yeah need to put in the new staff that gives you a base 200 magic dmg that even scales as you go on.

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudBoy View Post
Just wanted to inform all the Veigar players out there that the new item, Haunting Guise, is pretty **** awesome. I been having a much smoother transition from early to mid game with the hp and mana regen. Plus with the magic pen from this item, the sorceress boots, red runes, and mastery you can really harass people with baneful into a nice ult setup. 55 Magic Pen + Mastery = Win

I actually forgot about that mask and was focusing more on Void staff and the other AP item. O.o

MrScrub

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotcontrol View Post
Been playing veigar following this guide, I prefer to get catalyst before boots to solve the early mana shortage, also I only get about 3 lvl of baleful and then max dark matter, it really helps to farm cash and I seem to only kill when dark matter hits, if it does you can finish with baleful or ultimate, if it doesnt hit I dont waste ultimate.

Anyway after several games I only got to archangels once, so its pretty gold intensive, you also need alot of baleful farm to actually kill someone before zhonyas, or hit the rank5 dark matter+ baleful + ultimate and still may not be enough for tanks.

If your team fed the enemy you cant kill anything, even when your doing a great game and your lvl is above them, you just dont got enough dmg to do it, and since your quite squishy when they get near your dead. I tried other setups and I believe Veigar has that little problem, if all goes well hes awesome, if your losing, he is useless.
Baleful's mana cost doesn't go up at all anymore and the cooldown *decreases and damage *isincreased, it never misses and does mass damage even in the beginning. Try going Shield, Doran's, Sheild, Dorans, Boots, Magic Boots, 200+ dmg staff, then sell a dorans and get whatever you want game over. Not gonna explain anymore. It's basic DOTA math. Shields and Dorans are like the circlets of LOL you can own anyone early game you can hold any lane because you have more in hp, hp regen, mana regen and armor than pretty much every other hero who rushes items. Just farm with Baleful and don't let the other people get any creeps using auto attack. If they are aggressive save baleful/stun/meteor to either kill them or send them back to their base. GG.

Onelöve

12-03-2009

How do you guys feel about the click to use item? (Forget what it is called off the top of my head)

I have tried a few games with it and without it, but am having a hard time deciding if it is worth sacrificing Z's ring or not, as that is a LOT of HP. It does have uses in team fights to burst someone at full HP down, but I usually have no problem putting out damage. The 1 min cool down, the 30ish% of HP(depending on AP), and small amount of MP5 are really attractive, and does have uses. Not sure if I can totally justify it after my rod of ages though.

Rokudan

The Council

12-03-2009

Gonna do some testing tonight and tomorrow with haunting guise / new deathfire grasp. After I get enough data that I'm confident in, I'll update the guide and let you all know!

Serra

12-03-2009

Veigar is my main and pretty much the only char I play. I've been thinking about writing a guide too...anyway I tried haunting guise and it's just not enough mana regen. You *need* tear as a first item or you'll always have mana problems.

I did switch up my item build to include deathfire though...it's freaking awesome.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-03-2009

Haunting gives more mana regen than tear and you're allowed to have a small health/mana regen right off the bat instead of just the sapphire crystal. In most cases the hp regen really comes in handy because there are some heroes that a veigar just cant solo that well against so I'll be in a dual lane more often than not. Haven't had enough time to test the deathfire out though will do when I can but I just love my ZRing so much dont know if I can give it up lol