Warwick jungle absolete?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daraghuman

09-30-2009

I think since the newest patch warwick has become pretty much obsolete there are better and sometimes faster junglers than him and makes a bigger effect end game. This is why.

Warwick
- very easy to kill when ganked
- stun is only 1 target
- after the stun people can pick you off
- pretty much everything is one target
- undesirable damage when trying to get tanking items
- you are pretty much dead when stunned and focused
- when you see another jungler you have to jump on him otherwise you will die sometimes even if you do jump him you still die

With that said i find there are better junglers than him and functions even better during ganks such as amumu fiddle and malphite.

GodlyDanny

09-30-2009

If you're playing him to go straight into battle into 3 people, play a tank. He's meant to kill 1 person quickly and excel in 1v1 fights and tower/base kills.

Willisee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2009

Did you mean "obsolete"?

daraghuman

09-30-2009

oops my bad was doing more than one thing at once so i mispelled fixing the contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyDanny View Post
If you're playing him to go straight into battle into 3 people, play a tank. He's meant to kill 1 person quickly and excel in 1v1 fights and tower/base kills.
The problem is later in the game 1v1 fights become pretty rare if not nonexistant since at that stage people will gank again and again if you are alone and as warwick you cant really pick off towers like yi or cm can because you lack escape skills.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraghuman View Post
oops my bad was doing more than one thing at once so i mispelled fixing the contents

The problem is later in the game 1v1 fights become pretty rare if not nonexistant since at that stage people will gank again and again if you are alone and as warwick you cant really pick off towers like yi or cm can because you lack escape skills.
In the later fights warwick is supposed to go in right after the tank to "snipe" your person of interest and continue recovering life with his skills while taking down said person of interest.

If you're charging in before the tank..........or not waiting for the tank to establish himself then you won't be very successful.

GodlyDanny

09-30-2009

THat's why you get early ganks and prevent them from leveling + build up their time, you can also push towers and inhibs with godly life steal. In group situations you need to time your ulti to the most benefitial target.

Atmosfear

09-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraghuman View Post
I think since the newest patch warwick has become pretty much obsolete there are better and sometimes faster junglers than him and makes a bigger effect end game. This is why.

Warwick
- very easy to kill when ganked
- stun is only 1 target
- after the stun people can pick you off
- pretty much everything is one target
- undesirable damage when trying to get tanking items
- you are pretty much dead when stunned and focused
- when you see another jungler you have to jump on him otherwise you will die sometimes even if you do jump him you still die

With that said i find there are better junglers than him and functions even better during ganks such as amumu fiddle and malphite.
I don't see how his jungling could be OBSOLETE just because there could possibly be others that are better than him at it.

The other posters have already made some good points. You're simply not playing Warwick properly.

Sagas

Adjudicator

09-30-2009

Warwick doesn't do well if he doesn't have a good early game. This includes your teammates, if you have a feeder or two on your team that gets their team a couple of levels up on a warwick it's going to be a big problem.

A Warwick player also needs to be smart about ulting. For example, jumping on Ryze is suicidal. Blind pick is tough for warwick, since there are some opponents that are really good for him, and others that aren't so great.

Even in teamfights late game you can be very effective by picking off casters or ranged DPS.

A good jungling warwick will outlevel their dual lanes, but not their solo. Which is fine.

A note on jungling, pick either lizard or golem (i suggest golem for essentially unlimited swipes), ask your team for help, and blast it down first. If you get your team to help you, sure you lose some XP, but you kill it much faster and take much less damage, which puts you way ahead to clear the rest of your jungle. If you do golem your mid and top can help. They'll miss a creep or two, but shared XP from the jungle should make up some of the difference.

synack

09-30-2009

He's right his ultimate is broken.

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...t=13554&page=3

The Senate

09-30-2009

I can lane warwick successfully, but I have to plan it out with my lane partner and my team. It's not something you generally want to do unless you have a whole team that can benefit greatly from your global IAS. From the very beginning I noticed that warwick is not a good early game player, but here's the catch.

* Warwick is survivable. Rather then buying regen items, your attack damage and related stats translate into health regen, often times much more impressively then actual regen items. This means he can stay in lane longer and under more abuse.
* Warwick has a global IAS. Increased attack speed is one of the most important stats for towers, and warwick benefits his team deeply by this ability when it comes to the core goal of the game, to push and destroy buildings.
* Warwick can kill powerful neut creeps earlier and safer then the majority of the roster. This is important, as Warwick benefits from creep buffs very well.

***** the life steal, ***** the tank, play defensively early game and get as many creeps as possible. Try to lane with somebody who can harass for you and benefits from W. Remember that your Q has a much more impressive attack range then your auto-attacks. Last four or five times I used him like this, I ended up pulling a decent game.

We're talking 5/2/11 games where you have 3-5 tower kills. I don't think i've broken 10 kills like this, but then again, I'm playing him like a tank. I would vary how I ulted. Sometimes the two second stun was the beginning of our team rolling on a specific target champion, sometimes I used it to kill escaping champs.

Bloodthrister makes you a very dangerous person to run into 1v1, especially for carries. Warwick is GREAT for catching carries when they're still weak. We're talking levels 7-12, sometimes higher. Somebody will think they can take you, realize that your life steal makes you more sustainable then they thought, and you can ult them when they realize they're not going to win.