Is anyone else majorly disappointed with Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardailec

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
I feel like SR ranked is still what I want to do for serious gaming, and I play it roughly every day. When I want to have fun and action, a type of gameplay that isn't so contrained, I take some friends and go dominion.

The chance you'll have to carry your team if you deserve to is much higher in dominion, and your credit as a single player is shown in points, and I have never been below the top three in my 11 games since release. I think I've lost about two or three of them, can't check at the moment being in a college lab at all.

The very suggestion that dominion was a waste of time offends the idea of fun that comes into this game. There is fun in self credibility, gathered by the points that you've earned handling point control and kills. There is fun in coming back during leads that might've seemed impossible to recover from in SR. There is fun in respawning roughly 5 or 10 seconds after dying, eager to make that son of a ***** pay for coming up behind you, and kill him back before he's healed.

Tell me why dominion is not fun.
Because sadly to some if something is different it is bad.

Panwar

11-16-2011

I don't understand why people don't get this.

The game cannot support an unlimited amount of maps. Unless the playerbase increases by Playerbase+(Playerbase/number of maps) for every map that is created, every new map takes players away from old maps. Which means longer queue times etc.

So with that in mind, why would you make a new map with attributes that are already satisfied by an existing map? The only logical thing to do, is to make maps that differ drastically from one another.

Now this map may not be your cup of tea. But not everything has to be your cup of tea. Riot is attempting to satisfy various playstyles and broaden it's appeal. As well as to give existing players variety in play.

I will never understand how people translate "I personally do not like this", into "This is a bad thing".

If you don't enjoy it. Don't play it. However I highly recommend you give it a shot without thinking "SR is the standard by which all MOBA maps should be judged, and this map fails in the following respects".

Stez007

11-16-2011

Great, ANOTHER hate thread moved from GD to Dominion.

Riot mods are *******s.

Huntsvoski

11-16-2011

I am sooooo happy with dominion. I started playing around when it came out, and I find the dominion style much more fun than SR style.

Do you want to spend the majority of your time farming minions or battling champions? If the former, play SR, if latter, play dominion. All you old turkeys think farming is such a key element but guess what? It's repetitive and boring and easy. I love the constant PvP combat dominion offers and it's why I'm here to stay.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

I like how the biggest whiners about Dominion nearly always have less than 20 wins.

How many wins did it take you to get used to how SR operated?

I bet there was loads of stuff in SR that you thought was OP before you learned how to counterplay and picks the right champs for the situation.

OmniknightJohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
I feel this game really didn't add anything to the Moba genre. It doesn't even really feel like a Moba.

It lacks a lot of basic area's of moba.

No farming, poor map awareness, random and ugly team fighting, etc.

Honestly the only things that feel similar to a Moba are the fact that creeps auto spawn and there are different champs. Otherwise this just seems like LoL-King of the hill.

The game also won't be balanced around it at all. Yes, I can understand that certain characters would be good on different maps, but on Dominion the character selection is boring.

You see snowball characters way too often.

The only time I even play dominion is if I don't have time for a regular game of summoner's rift. Sorry, but Dominion was a big disappointment to me and I feel like many others. It doesn't feel like a new Moba type.
Farming was a staple of the DotA genre. Who says its a staple of MOBAs? Nothing in the phrase Multiplayer Online Battle Arena implies that the game must have FARMING.

You clearly haven't played Dominion much if you think map awareness is poor. The next time you see someone getting ganked in the jungle, that's their poor map awareness and the enemy's good play. Map awareness is critical for knowing what points they will be trying to cap/ninja, and optimizing the fastest and safest route to get the appropriate number of defending champs there. Team fighting is likewise organized... if people are doing it off of a point, or randomly in the jungle, they are bad, they deserve to feel bad, and will lose. A lot of Dominion's team fights are won by superior positioning (making use of the fog of war/health pack region), good initiation, and good sustain.

I see a lot of variety in champions now that the initial "LET ME PLAY MY TANKY DPS AND WIN" craze has died down. Malzahar is absolutely hilarious against Jax, and without trollscillas blessing, Rammus is a lot less annoying.

Dominion is definitely a new MOBA type, and while it may not appeal to you, it's certainly a lot of fun.

ActionButlerGO

11-16-2011

Another brilliant addition to the Dominion forums. Downvoting and moving on.

teh d wreck

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
I feel this game really didn't add anything to the Moba genre. It doesn't even really feel like a Moba.

It lacks a lot of basic area's of moba.

No farming, poor map awareness, random and ugly team fighting, etc.

Honestly the only things that feel similar to a Moba are the fact that creeps auto spawn and there are different champs. Otherwise this just seems like LoL-King of the hill.

The game also won't be balanced around it at all. Yes, I can understand that certain characters would be good on different maps, but on Dominion the character selection is boring.

You see snowball characters way too often.

The only time I even play dominion is if I don't have time for a regular game of summoner's rift. Sorry, but Dominion was a big disappointment to me and I feel like many others. It doesn't feel like a new Moba type.
Ya ya, these posts are getting pretty stupidly tiring. Super childish behavior coming from SR members who are afraid of change and jealous that there is another good game mode. Honestly, who complains about a DIFFERENT game mode being....DIFFERENT. "No farming" .... YES, that's the POINT. Let's say that Smarties releases mint flavor, but still has the original available, and then people complain JUST because the new flavor exists. Just don't buy it if you don't like it! Lol, seriously, is this the level of intellect coming from the SR players?

You don't see Dominion players making tons of SR hate threads like these. And you guys are mostly wrong about everything.

Lethal stoner

11-16-2011

you biggest mistake is comapring it to a moba game its based off but it aint nowhere near moba
but its good genre nonetheless but i dont know fif it has its own genre but as some pointed out its for the less hardcore moba players i guess and well itl give riot his extra players and separates the noobs from SR

yes i can say noobs because im a SR pro who makes ALOT of mistakes wich makes me noob xD

Ansre

11-16-2011

I thought it was great.

It's getting worse with each patch though. Matches are growing more and more one sided since they've started easing up the rubberband mechanic.