Is anyone else majorly disappointed with Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Plutonious

11-16-2011

I feel this game really didn't add anything to the Moba genre. It doesn't even really feel like a Moba.

It lacks a lot of basic area's of moba.

No farming, poor map awareness, random and ugly team fighting, etc.

Honestly the only things that feel similar to a Moba are the fact that creeps auto spawn and there are different champs. Otherwise this just seems like LoL-King of the hill.

The game also won't be balanced around it at all. Yes, I can understand that certain characters would be good on different maps, but on Dominion the character selection is boring.

You see snowball characters way too often.

The only time I even play dominion is if I don't have time for a regular game of summoner's rift. Sorry, but Dominion was a big disappointment to me and I feel like many others. It doesn't feel like a new Moba type.

Carthias

11-16-2011

Dominnion was made for the casual league player who couldn't afford to sit down for a full game. It was never designed to replace or compete with summoner's rift, it's just like Twisted Treeline in that regard.

reverse racist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

My only problem with Dominion is that, due to the recent changes, it's so much slower than it was at release. I don't find it to be nearly as fun.

Dr Plutonious

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthias View Post
Dominnion was made for the casual league player who couldn't afford to sit down for a full game. It was never designed to replace or compete with summoner's rift, it's just like Twisted Treeline in that regard.
That kinda annoys me.

For all the time they sunk into Dominion, they could have been working on something useful to everyone. Not just casuals.

It isn't even a good King of the hill creation.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

No map awareness? Say what?

GoldfishBowl

11-16-2011

It's a bunch of fun, and a breath of fresh air from the norm. Not disappointed.
Sure, I have a few gripes, but nothing crippling.

Ardailec

11-16-2011

I like it. It's fun, hectic and just because you have a bad early game doesn't mean you're completely screwed.

Vocalyze

11-16-2011

I can't stand it. Far too many broken elements (mostly champions and compositions) on that stage imo

Ornan

11-16-2011

I feel like SR ranked is still what I want to do for serious gaming, and I play it roughly every day. When I want to have fun and action, a type of gameplay that isn't so contrained, I take some friends and go dominion.

The chance you'll have to carry your team if you deserve to is much higher in dominion, and your credit as a single player is shown in points, and I have never been below the top three in my 11 games since release. I think I've lost about two or three of them, can't check at the moment being in a college lab at all.

The very suggestion that dominion was a waste of time offends the idea of fun that comes into this game. There is fun in self credibility, gathered by the points that you've earned handling point control and kills. There is fun in coming back during leads that might've seemed impossible to recover from in SR. There is fun in respawning roughly 5 or 10 seconds after dying, eager to make that son of a ***** pay for coming up behind you, and kill him back before he's healed.

Tell me why dominion is not fun.

ZakaBreezy

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
I feel like SR ranked is still what I want to do for serious gaming, and I play it roughly every day. When I want to have fun and action, a type of gameplay that isn't so contrained, I take some friends and go dominion.

The chance you'll have to carry your team if you deserve to is much higher in dominion, and your credit as a single player is shown in points, and I have never been below the top three in my 11 games since release. I think I've lost about two or three of them, can't check at the moment being in a college lab at all.

The very suggestion that dominion was a waste of time offends the idea of fun that comes into this game. There is fun in self credibility, gathered by the points that you've earned handling point control and kills. There is fun in coming back during leads that might've seemed impossible to recover from in SR. There is fun in respawning roughly 5 or 10 seconds after dying, eager to make that son of a ***** pay for coming up behind you, and kill him back before he's healed.

Tell me why dominion is not fun.
because riot patches got rid of all these things LOL