Title. Your opinion on the little dude so far?

Too strong, needs a nerf! 46 30.87%
UP, needs a buff! 20 13.42%
Balanced, needs to stay as is! 83 55.70%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

So whats your opinion on Fizz in Dominion so far?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheius

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
W seems slightly OP. Roll with a tanky on-hit build and tear through people.

Otherwise, he's pretty balanced overall.
W DoT doesn't stack. It also refreshes on hit, so if you don't wait for it, you won't get the tick off.

That also doesn't solve his problem of zero steroids for on-hits and the melee range needed without a natural tank or sustain skill.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Fizz is top Tier 2.

No reason to ban him as he's just Akali with higher burst but less sustain, less sustainable dps, less sustainable mobility, but with mini-troll pool.

CollectiveVolta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Balanced.

For all the damage Fizz does, he's insanely squishy. It's a real game of kill or be killed on him. His combo, while on a short reload, gives a rather noticeable vulnerability period. As long as people pay attention, Fizz will end up dead in most big fights.

Yes, with four strong AP items, Fizz is insanely scary, but he can't do well against multiple opponents. If he kills one person, the next enemy can easily take him out before his CDs are recharged.
Yep exactly, you nailed it, thats pretty much what I was referring to in my post!

Quote:
Certain champions I've found to be ideal counters are Irelia, Trynd if he uses ulti on time, Jax, and Rammus. Those guys screw over Fizz REALLY hard because they easily survive his burst while dealing a good chunk of damage back.

P.S: Fizz with DFG + Lich + Cap can one-combo a Trynd dead in 1s. Tis fun to do in Dom when they believe in their god mode.
Yeah definitely the most problematic champions Ive had so far are Irelia (hard to dodge the stun if she is smart, and her jump outranges your Q), and Trynd (100% to 0% with full combo, but then he ults and 2 hits me lol). Only played against 1 good Irelia and 2 good Trynds so far though, that gave me these problems.

Jax could be like Irelia but for some reason so far I havent personally had any troubles against him (probably havent played against really good ones), and Ive seen many more Jaxes than Irelias. I guess his stun is a bit more predictable since you know he has 6~ secs to activate it or lose it so if you can count when he got it on him you probably can dodge it without problem, which is the only problematic part of him I could think of. If not for that, I find him quite easy to kite, instead of just comboing him completely for burst Id rather DPS him i.e kite with Q+E, he can jump you after Q but sure as hell he cant catch you after E, and your W+Q combo should be hitting way harder (end game) than his W+Q combo. I dont recall losing to him so far.

Rammus, too tanky, I just ignore him and let my DPSs handle him unless I absolute must focus him for some reason (i.e 1v1ing him, in which case either I kite him with ult and go away or juke around til my team comes, he's not hard to juke since your double jumping E can jump over his powerball and the 2nd jump outranges his taunt, he has nothing on you), but usually I feel like he's not my "job" or so to speak, using my combo on him on any fight would be a waste in most cases.

About the PS, I agree, it can actually 1 hit most champs unless they are like Rammus, but with Trynd, the bad ones usually dont have time to react and plain die without ulting but the 2 good ones I played (casually both had the legendary skin hmm lol) their reaction time was just flawless, I could pop from literally nowhere and combo them down in 1s and they would ult in perfectly and proceed to crit me for 1k+ lol. Those b@stards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalerwons View Post
Fizz is top Tier 2.

No reason to ban him as he's just Akali with higher burst but less sustain, less sustainable dps, less sustainable mobility, but with mini-troll pool.
Agree on everything

-------
-------

I just finished playing for the day, and 33~ matches later this guy is easily the most fun champ Ive ever played, probably the only champ I can say confidently it was worth my 6k IP lol. I just couldnt get bored lol, and I barely ever can play the same champion more than 5 times in a row.

I ended 21 wins 12 losses, not quite good but getting better hopefully. The more I play him the more I want to keep playing if that makes any sense XD

I also like how, even though he has *so far* a build that seems to work incredibly well for him which is the obvious Rabaddon+DFG or Morellos+Lich Bane, he can actually adapt to other builds and work out just fine! I havent went too far out from the AP Route but I believe we might see people in the future going Hybrid or even AD (AD/AS, on-hit based kind of) Fizzs and making them work! I saw a Hybrid on one of my games and even if they lost the match, he did pretty well.

I might be biased because I really dig the little dude, but Id say he's balanced, but might go the same way as Orianna/Lee Sin, they were balanced or a bit underwhelming at first but when people got really good with them they became insanely OP. I think Fizz could go there, lets hope not XD but its a possibility from what Ive seen/done so far.

Phourc

11-17-2011

Mmm posting here to avoid making a new thread, are all of you people saying he's balanced/too strong playing him pure AP with Lichbane/DFG/Deathcap? That seems to be the most common mentioned build I'm seeing...

Looking at his stats I'd think he'd be a good candidate for a midgame Malady, but ****ed if his w isn't really, really weird. Do you guys find more use from the active onhit or the passive DoT?

Sorayai

11-17-2011

very powerful if played well, very worthless if played badly

IMO could use a slight nerf, had one dealing 1k damage with 2 of his skills (as in 1k damage each) and he only had deathcap and lichbane.. I had around 100 MR

Toonation

11-19-2011

I build him tank hybird for dominon with armor runes magic pen and a few As runes and ap per lvl runes ;o. He is actually good as a tanky hybird i got like 12 kills with like 1 or 2 deaths with him before.

Quote:

Certain champions I've found to be ideal counters are Irelia, Trynd if he uses ulti on time, Jax, and Rammus. Those guys screw over Fizz REALLY hard because they easily survive his burst while dealing a good chunk of damage back.

P.S: Fizz with DFG + Lich + Cap can one-combo a Trynd dead in 1s. Tis fun to do in Dom when they believe in their god mode.
With these guys you got to time your E right because with a Trynd, i killed him to endless then Eed like a 1 sec after endless then jumped on him for a kill. For Jax i try to W Q then E at a tower then try to kill ;o. I havent went up against Irelia but i'm guessing hope you E when she W's and hope she wastes her mp?

Stimuz

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalerwons View Post
Fizz is top Tier 2.

He's actually a pretty fun ban. It's the only time I laugh when I see 6 dodges in a row.

Stimuz

11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorayai View Post
very powerful if played well, very worthless if played badly

IMO could use a slight nerf, had one dealing 1k damage with 2 of his skills (as in 1k damage each) and he only had deathcap and lichbane.. I had around 100 MR
Only lich bane and death cap. Just the 2 most powerful AP items each costing 3500~. The first 1k(still seems high) is because his Q is effected by on hit, so lichbane auto attack is added in basically.

Lemurialol

11-19-2011

I usually build him

Sorc Shoes > Rylais > Deathcap > Nashor's

i find the nashors tooth to work quite well on him. Of course you could always get a void staff if they stack mres or a lichbane.

Necks

11-19-2011

Fizz is deceptively powerful. When you're watching him, it looks like he's just bouncing around doing nothing. What's actually happening, though, is that his DoT is tearing through the target with massive damage, and he just continuously refreshes the DoT the entire time.