Title. Your opinion on the little dude so far?

Too strong, needs a nerf! 46 30.87%
UP, needs a buff! 20 13.42%
Balanced, needs to stay as is! 83 55.70%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

So whats your opinion on Fizz in Dominion so far?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CollectiveVolta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Just making a quick thread to see what is everyone's opinion on this little dude, out of curiosity.

I know its too early to tell but thats why I said so far!

Do you think he's too strong and needs a nerf? (what would you nerf?)
Or more like UP and needs a buff? (what would you nerf?)
Or he's perfectly balanced and should stay as is?

Added a poll for kicks

-- For those who care for mine:

My own humble opinion from my experience with him so far in 21 Dominion games (I know, this is nothing but the queue times are too long! I played like 14 hours today *free day ftw* and only got to play 21 games lol), 12 wins 9 losses (I sucked so hard the first 4~ lol) is that he in the "balanced to a bit too strong" side, I wouldnt say OP but he does feel a bit too strong.

He's definitely the most fun champion I have ever played, he doesnt feel "too hard" to play effectively on its current status (could be because he's too fresh for people to know how to counter though) and I really like the synergy between all the spells of his skillset.

I have heard mixed opinions on my games, some say Fizz is OP after I burst them 100%>0% end game going out almost untouched, but other Fizzes say they feel UP, etc. (specially against tanky dps)

I do agree his burst seems a bit too strong considering he has his E which is an insane escape, but what I think balances him out is this: (and feel free to disagree and discuss!)

1) He has 0 ranged poke:

Yep, his poke requires him to be in the middle of the action, which of course is arguable because his poking combo would usually be pop W, Q someone and insantly E out to safety meaning it could be seen as some "sort" of ranged poke, but it still requires you to be in the thick of things meaning if the enemy reacts fast enough they can lock you down in there or outharass you while you do it, meaning you are taking some risk in exchange if you want to poke (btw Im talking more about Top's poking 3v3~4v4 battles as opposed to 1v1 poking like Bot, in which case it would be very situational Id say).

2) His out is part of his combo:

I see this kind of like Talon, his ult is his escape but is also a big part of his burst so he needs to decide if he wants to use it for the damage or to get out. With Talon its not as bad as Fizz because even if you are running from chasing enemies and use it to escape, the blades will probably still damage them.

But with Fizz if you use his E to escape from chasing enemies/get out of a fight you probably wont be hitting anyone with it, but if you use it for the damage and/or slow you then have no escape or defensive capabilities other than "trickery" (juking with Q pretty much), making for an easy target considering how mega squishy he is.

This (imo) makes him excellent in 1v1s (like any other assassin) but tricky to use effectively in a big fight (like most assassins).

3) He is heavily item dependant (exceptions apply):

Unlike other assassins like Akali/Talon, I feel Fizz is very item dependant.

His early game burst (lvl 3~4) can be high as hell with no items if you put 2 points in W and do the combo poke with it, but this is very situational and depends a lot on who you are facing, which is why I mean exceptions apply. Against some champions (mostly squishies with no out, like Kog), he can be deadly with no items and just a few points in W, but by mid-game you NEED to have at least 2 big items already (dmg and/or cdr) to be able to compare to other assassins on that stage of the game.

End game with all your core (which are like 4~ "must have" quite expensive items) your damage is brutal, but it only skyrockets after those "must haves" specially if you go AP + Lich bane, you will see how before lich bane your damage is "ok", but after lich it just goes over the roof because of Qs synergy with it.

The games where Im behind or equal in items in comparison to enemy team's assassin, Im usually much less useful than him, but after all items, Im (well, Fizz is) better.

So.. what do you think of the little guy?

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-16-2011

He's cool.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

I'm doing better with an straight ap build. he nukes really hard and his E has a 6 second cd

CollectiveVolta

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
I'm doing better with an straight ap build. he nukes really hard and his E has a 6 second cd
You mean like skipping Lich Bane?

Also, thanks for voting! Didnt expect 13 votes so quickly and having twice as people saying he's balanced over too strong, but I would like to hear *read* some opinions too!

If you vote "too strong" post your opinion of why you think that or what would you change, etc! Same for the other options.

Cheers.

jars

11-16-2011

lichbane later on but I usually don't finish it

Phourc

11-16-2011

Completely unplayable at 500 latency, I'll have to try him again some time xP

Dimwitt

11-16-2011

Fizz in dominion makes me want to kick a puppy in the face....

Going to CC him, dodge. Going to ult Le Dodge, going to ... aw forget this ill blow up his teammates instead.

Prometheius

11-16-2011

Balanced.

For all the damage Fizz does, he's insanely squishy. It's a real game of kill or be killed on him. His combo, while on a short reload, gives a rather noticeable vulnerability period. As long as people pay attention, Fizz will end up dead in most big fights.

Yes, with four strong AP items, Fizz is insanely scary, but he can't do well against multiple opponents. If he kills one person, the next enemy can easily take him out before his CDs are recharged.

I've been going 30 in pure offense masteries with AP flat quints, AP scaling seals + glyphs, and MPen marks. It provides Fizz scary as hell early damage and allows him to rush Lich Bane for much stronger burst.

I prefer leveling E first, because it allows him to escape more often and clear minions easier. I use Exhaust + Surge/Ignite for increased kill power early game and to counter his weaknesses late.

Also, DFG makes Fizz an insanely difficult champ to fight in skirmishes. Once purchased, he's free to save his E for purely escape purposes while still nuking his target.

Certain champions I've found to be ideal counters are Irelia, Trynd if he uses ulti on time, Jax, and Rammus. Those guys screw over Fizz REALLY hard because they easily survive his burst while dealing a good chunk of damage back.

P.S: Fizz with DFG + Lich + Cap can one-combo a Trynd dead in 1s. Tis fun to do in Dom when they believe in their god mode.

Stimuz

11-16-2011

He's ridiculous for the windmill fight at level 4-5. Dat missing HP % DoT. Overall he's pretty well balanced though.

Hobocop

11-16-2011

W seems slightly OP. Roll with a tanky on-hit build and tear through people.

Otherwise, he's pretty balanced overall.