Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze! <3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazingDynamo88

11-16-2011

Ryze is my new favorite champ to play in dominion.
Never really seen him in a game before and just curious to how many other players use him in dominion?

I just hate how whenever i pick him there is usually just one guy telling me that Ryze stinks and wont let up till i show him up in game.

His speed is slow at the start and the only downside i can think of. I counter that with mobility boots and it just works wonders.

For all you haters i curse u!

Purpleskoal

11-16-2011

IDK how you never see him, he's very common dom pick.

Ikruti

11-16-2011

Ummm....he's a fairly common pick. Usually he is expected to go bot lane, so you don't really need the mobility boots. The starting load out is usually Tear + Boots or if you expect a nasty matchup and need more durability, Catalyst.

There's a pretty solid thread out there explaining stuff like this but I'll just say that he's just like any other champ, some really good matchups, some really horrible matchups (looking at you Yorick and Fiddle) and some decent matchups.

Anyhow, I don't know what your W/L is so it's possible that whatever bracket you play at that you don't see him a lot. I know though that I'm at +32 W/L and I see him quite a lot, especially since I tend to play him the most

Frozen Berserker

11-16-2011

Ryze is I think one of the best bot defenders je can build super tanky but still dish out the damage since it comes from mana rather than strait AP. It also helps that his ult lets him clear waves and push creeps and let him defend against tones of people while taking hits and nuking their health/

mufins

11-16-2011

sending ryze top is much more useful than having him afk farm bot especially when other champions can do it better.

Nekrogen

11-16-2011

I've played Ryze bottom lane almost exclusively for 90% of all my games (around 600). What do?

Yeah haters gonna hate.

Edit: hue.

MMKH

11-16-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:
I've played Ryze bottom lane almost exclusively for 90% of all my games (around 600). What do?

Yeah haters gonna hate.

I can vouch for that lol. I ban Ryze whenever I can.

Kalarepa

11-16-2011

Ryze? Rare? He's one of the top picks/bans in my game. The best Dominion caster, imo.

CollectiveVolta

11-16-2011

Yah Ryze is one of the strongest Dom picks, after I reached a decent W/L ratio I now see a Ryze in like 90% of my games (before free week, now its even worse lol). Only reason I dont use him in this account is because I dont have my mana runes and I hate playing him without them

Anyway read this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1365062

Best Ryze guide if you are looking for insight on how to do well with him in Dom.

xGvPx

11-16-2011

Quote:
Nekrogen:

Yeah haters gonna hate.

Edit: hue.

600 games? Dammmmn...you've seriously played 600 games of Dominion?

I prefer top because hitting a group w/ ult and spell flux is awesome in a team fight. But Ryze can do it all.