I immediately regret not buying Cass when she was on sale...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

I ended up laning against a very competent Cass last night and was amazed at how freely she was able to push me around.

For some reason, their Teemo broke off from top to come help push, which lead to our Brand coming to reinforce our side, so it ended as a pretty solid stalemate. She took our bot once, we took their bot twice (held until the end of the game the second time).

Thoughts on how to counter her? Other than dodging that poison cloud like a madman?

Elealar

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
I ended up laning against a very competent Cass last night and was amazed at how freely she was able to push me around.

For some reason, their Teemo broke off from top to come help push, which lead to our Brand coming to reinforce our side, so it ended as a pretty solid stalemate. She took our bot once, we took their bot twice (held until the end of the game the second time).

Thoughts on how to counter her? Other than dodging that poison cloud like a madman?
She's one of the best kiters in the game and has some of the best laning, not least of which because her passive makes her not need any mana gear. If SR is to be believed, she has no real counters; at best champions that can lane against her somewhat equally (for instance, Brand). Obviously though, if she can't land her Noxious Blast, she's a dead Cass as her whole gameplan is based around chaining the poison into Twin Fangs. Post-6 Kassadin is hard for her as a champion but easy for her to push against; take that as you will.

lbgsloan

11-16-2011

Gank her. I play her bot now and then, and if nobody interferes I usually stomp my lane early on. Cass has very limited cc, so if she gets caught in the middle of a lane with her ult down by a gank she's deader than dead. Also, burst champions with gap closers and cc are very bad news for her. She does NOT want to see a Talon laning against her.

Morgana should in theory be able to break even with her, no nobody runs Morgana in Dominion so this is untested.

Fal1en Ange1

11-16-2011

two words, eve 8+

Elealar

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Morgana should in theory be able to break even with her, no nobody runs Morgana in Dominion so this is untested.
Q Poison is applied through Black Shield enabling Twin Fang spam; Morgana has rather hard time against Cassiopeia as a consequence. She can push alright but that's about it. I'd rather pick e.g. Malzahar who has a bit more range and CC for the match.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

This is good info, guys, thanks.

Since its a Maokai free week, I almost immediately picked him in champ select. Cass did a a better than average job of hiding behind minions to avoid my saplings, though, and was always ready to burst me every time I moved in to clear out minion waves with my Q. Sounds like I would have been better off taking someone with a little more poke and escape potential.

Cait? Ashe? Would Trist work in that situation? I'd love to find a good use for her on Dominion.

Elealar

11-16-2011

Caitlyn, maybe. Ashe would get crushed. Trist isn't all that well-equipped to deal with longer range mages with superior up-front damage like Cassiopeia. In general, vs. Cass you want long range champions to keep your distance; you don't want her to be able to reliably land her Q 'cause if she does you're probably gonna get crushed (move speed boost + infinite Es).

Maokai can do alright but so far I've at least destroyed most I've faced. Maybe the Cass simply outplayed you, though. Principally the lane isn't awful for Maokai though you're definitely on the backfoot as Twisted Advancing in is generally a suicide and Cass's Q is ridiculously spammable. Keeping range and just saplinging kinda works though.

ActionButlerGO

11-16-2011

Oh, no, she definitely outplayed me. Pure and simple. I have no delusions about being anything other than a sometimes okay player, so I can usually tell when I'm beat by the better summoner.

Maokai is usually my go-to guy for bottom lane when he is available, so I know he has terrific potential. To be honest, this is, I think, the second time I've had this degree of trouble playing him on Dominion (and the first was an awful game where we sent two bottom lane because they called it, got stomped, abandoned it, then blamed me and others for the loss). As I said, though, the Cass I was laning against new just how to zone out my saplings to avoid the brunt of the damage (the Teemo who came to reinforce less so. Much less so).

When the dust settled, I spent most of the game hugging our bot when it was just her and I, but was rarely in danger of losing it until they sent reinforcements. Not a bad game, all-in-all, but definitely not my best showing.

ArmyofNine

11-16-2011

Galio does a pretty decent job of countering cass in dominion.

BigDaddyDelish

11-16-2011

Galio won't get omega dominated, but he won't do well.

Cass is quite possibly the scariest laner to go up against right now in both SR and Dom, she is incredibly strong (she was my main throughout Season 1 ;p). Really, there is no reliable counter to 1v1 Cass, the best you can probably hope for is to break even in most instances unless you outplay her.

Malzahar, Xerath, or Orianna can go bot against her because they can hold back her pressure while being able to stay at a safe distance so they won't get obliterated by Cass' combo. Every other champion I can think of that would go against her would have a much more difficult time though.