Mastery Bug -- Champion Select Mastery Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telandra

11-16-2011

I've experienced a extreme flaw in useability of mastery pages in games (ranked/custom tested so far). On multiple occasions now, I would choose what mastery page I want to run and it would say I'm going to be using that certain page. However, when I arrive in game, it's using the page I used the previous game, not the one i selected in champ select.

I suspect this is a problem with the game saving the selection of a mastery page while in champion select.

At the moment, it appears I can only switch which mastery page to run when outside a game in the "Masteries" tab while in "Click to view/edit your summoner profile".

This can seriously devastate players gaming experience when playing any champion your page isn't meant for.

I cant begin to imagine how these changes affected my current ranked games, on both sides, I'm sure many players are experiencing this bug, whether they notice it or not.

Telandra

11-16-2011

pmub

IS131c7cb285e774

11-16-2011

I confirm this bug on EUW.

Tempests Wrath

11-16-2011

I have a similar issue though for me it isnt constant. And sometimes it is even a page i have not intentionally used in any capacity before.

At first I thought it switched me to a random page when i let the champ select time out, but that proved not to be the case in game.

Then i thought it might just do it for any time i dont specifically set a different page. But that didnt work either.

Ow My Feels

11-16-2011

I have this problem too, I made a post for this.

LoxodonPunisher

11-16-2011

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=430961

Same thing is happening on EW servers..

After this recent patch, all of my in-game masteries are from the utility tree, no matter what page I select at champion select. That is the last page I created. I made 100% certain I selected the correct page in champion select.

Please correct this, as it can definitely make or break a match and is directly affecting game play.

Joru

11-16-2011

I've noticed this too. The good news is there's a pretty easy workaround. What seems to happen is that the game will always give you the last mastery page that you edited, regardless of what you pick at the champion select screen. However, if you quit out of the client entirely and start it up again, and DON'T go into the mastery pages, the in-game mastery menu will work fine again. So be sure you restart the client every time you edit your masteries.

Alternately, you can pick your mastery in-game, press the edit button, and then hit "save and use" without actually changing anything, which will make it stick. Of course, you're now stuck on THAT mastery page unless you do it every game, so rebooting the client is better.

Serovea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

I was ready to create a topic about this because it screwed me over twice last night. First match I was playing Trundle jungle only to notice that I had no offensive masteries on what so ever, thinking that I chose my support page because it looked like it.
Then second game up I made sure that I chose my full offensive ad mastery page seeing though I was going to play as Vayne. But I seen that I had no armor pen, crit and hist 9ap from the start.

ugh.

KareeRaisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Yes, this bug happened to me last night playing as Annie. I'd played a 9/0/21 mastery page the game before, and chose a 21/9/0 page I wanted to try for annie in champ select. I got in game with 0 ap and (I'm pretty sure) all the effects from the utility page, rather than the one I chose. Completely unplayable against a mid who did have the correct masteries, and pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the tip, Joru. I was just going to avoid the game until this bug got fixed, but it's great to know there's a definite way around it for now.

Makaki

11-16-2011

I can confirm this too. And my mastery pages are valid. (there is a bug where you can save invalid masteries)