New Announcer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArchLord James

10-24-2009

forgive me for saying so, but the announcer in a similar game *cough* cough* Demigod! *cough* totally owns. Best part of that game is acutally there really cool sounding announcer and the music is pretty damn nice too. Find that guy to do your announcing he sounds like saruman from lord of the rings. Also steal their music style! hehe

Here this is a good clip it gives many samples of the great anouncer in demigod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmUvz...eature=related

at the 0:50 second mark Oak scores a triple kill and u really hear the style of the announcer. Also one thing I liked about demigod is that starting from a 2 kill killing streak u get declared a status. In LOL u get dominating at 4 or 5 kills and godlike at 8 i think right? IN demigod u get a different status declared on you from your second kill in a row your a smiter, 3rd is devastating, 4th is apocalypse. etc etc all the way up to 10 kills in a row gives u GODLIKE. Anyways during this triple kill at 50 seconds u can hear the announcer for triple kill, and also for the 4/5/6 kill streak announcments. Love the way he says this stuff. If u keep watching video u can also hear the great music and other announcments.

Corvus Corax

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masklein View Post
I really don't like the new announcer. She sounds like a fairy godmother. A female voice would be fine, but she needs to sound like somebody who is talking about brutality and violence, not baking pies.
I think your definition (fairy godmother baking pies) is good. But I think the new announcer is quite fit with the new map Twisted Treelines. You would think of her as an old witch/hag baking rat/worm pies. Its your imagination

BTW hey ! Why not use different announcers for different maps ! That would be quite nice if Riot isnt going to provide an option to select one of announcers.

Corvus Corax

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLord James View Post
... Find that guy to do your announcing he sounds like saruman from lord of the rings.
You mean Christopher Lee or someone who sounds like him? That would be my dream MOBA if he was the announcer but I guess it would take lots of $$$. But hey, he worked for some video games.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000489/

Nivisiru

10-25-2009

I think a mix of the old and new would be best. I feel that dif events fit better for each voice. So why not both??

Fraenk

Adjudicator

10-25-2009

I really like the new announcer (best one so far), even i got the feeling that sometimes there are missing some prepositions^^
like "enemy - godlike" .. sounds weird

Baepe

10-25-2009

i really like how in demigod there is a mix of female and male announcers.

Baepe

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLord James View Post
forgive me for saying so, but the announcer in a similar game *cough* cough* Demigod! *cough* totally owns. Best part of that game is acutally there really cool sounding announcer and the music is pretty damn nice too. Find that guy to do your announcing he sounds like saruman from lord of the rings. Also steal their music style! hehe

Here this is a good clip it gives many samples of the great anouncer in demigod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmUvz...eature=related

at the 0:50 second mark Oak scores a triple kill and u really hear the style of the announcer. Also one thing I liked about demigod is that starting from a 2 kill killing streak u get declared a status. In LOL u get dominating at 4 or 5 kills and godlike at 8 i think right? IN demigod u get a different status declared on you from your second kill in a row your a smiter, 3rd is devastating, 4th is apocalypse. etc etc all the way up to 10 kills in a row gives u GODLIKE. Anyways during this triple kill at 50 seconds u can hear the announcer for triple kill, and also for the 4/5/6 kill streak announcments. Love the way he says this stuff. If u keep watching video u can also hear the great music and other announcments.

I really like the mix of female and male announcers

My Hair is a Bird

10-25-2009

i liked the first one the best

SYN Novus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2009

I want the Quake Mod ones from Counter Strike Source :P MMMMOOOONNNNSTTERRR KILL KILLL KILLL!

Provoked

10-25-2009

Get this guy to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA