New Announcer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABOZ

10-22-2009

i really like this new announcer
like teisel said, i feel the announcer is also less intrusive, and more appropriate than the gruff distorted voice of the announcer in the patch before this one.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

I like the new female announcer, but I wish each side had a different announcer. Have maybe the guy for the blue team and the girl for the purple team? Just to give each side more flavor other than just some "blue vs purple" blandness.

Chadauw

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOZ View Post
i really like this new announcer
like teisel said, i feel the announcer is also less intrusive, and more appropriate than the gruff distorted voice of the announcer in the patch before this one.

I think the announcer NEED to be intrusive.

xilr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Can we just have an option to choose our announcer? After all it doesnt change gameplay any. I prefer the southpark gay satan we had last week....

Achenar

10-22-2009

The new announcer is muuuch better - not intrusive at all. At release it'd be good if you could give people the choice, just so everyone will be happy, but this would be the one I stick with anyway.

tidel ni hati

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
I like the new female announcer, but I wish each side had a different announcer. Have maybe the guy for the blue team and the girl for the purple team? Just to give each side more flavor other than just some "blue vs purple" blandness.
+1
and the new announcer is way better than the UT-copypasta

Degrann

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by anak saba nur View Post
make mutha fckin samuel l jackson the mutha fckin announcer
/\ this!!

Gornel

10-22-2009

This new announcer doesn't get me pumped at all. It needs WAY more testosterone.

Azriel

10-22-2009

I will admit first I did not read the 11 pages before so sorry if I repeat some of the past responses.

Here are my thoughts on the announcers so far...

THe first one sounded just like Mr. Smite in WOW...the big cow thing that says something like "vancleef pay good price for your head" for some reason I can't get Mr. smite out of my head when I hear that announcer. It also sounded a little campy to me.

I like the female voice (then again im a female and we love to be represented lol) but most of the other players ive spoken to think she lacks enthusiasm. Like the games do not matter. She seems a little soft spoken but that could just be because I have my game volume lowered to better hear vent/music.

One change I noticed and like is that the new announcer makes it clear whose team is downing the turrets/getting the kills/ got first blood. I do not feel it was as clear before.

Snig

10-22-2009

I like the new announcer. It reminds me of the evil robot in portal.

At the end of the game she should say to the winning team:

There will be cake.

And to the loosing team:

You will be baked.

Maybe a small animation of this would be appropriate also :P

Snig.