Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Announcer!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ticklefight

10-01-2009

another "i turned it off after 10 seconds" post...

Kupikimijumjum

10-01-2009

Maybe it's just that I had grown accustomed to the old guy, but I definitely liked the old over the new. I agree that the new one sounds too forced and tries too hard to be in your face.

I also agree that a female voice would be welcome, or using the champion's voices. Perhaps it wouldn't get so annoying hearing "owned" or "a champion has been slain" over and over again if it changed from time to time.

If nothing else, something shorter than "a champion has been slain" would be appreciated. But I definitely don't think you should try to copy the UT announcer. If you keep trying that, it may just continue to sound forced.

What was great about the UT3 announcer is that he sounded gritty, and in-your-face, but also relaxed and natural. And then when someone was really kicking ass, that's when things got really exciting. Also, the mere fact that an announcer would say such silly things like "holy-shit" was just fun. But that novelty has kind of worn off. I say move in a new direction like you were going with the original announcer. Just, ya know, less annoying.

Keep up the good work though guys! Really appreciate all you do!

Drakedog

Master Recruiter

10-01-2009

I want M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL-ILL-Ill-ll-l

that was my favorite.

Harrigan

10-01-2009

"Oh, and please redo Jana's voice.. her voice is embarrassing."

Please don't! She's funny. You can tell she's supposed to be over-the-top and silly with that voice by listening to her unit responses.

If you're going to change a champion voice, change VEIGAR'S.

yuke

10-01-2009

oh hell no don't touch veigar, he's funny.

The Magic Sausage

10-01-2009

Yeah I had to turn it off about halfway though the game. I am very disappointed with this new announcer and I am sure someone had to work hard to get this guy to sound ok, but his presense seems out of place in this game. Is there anyway to turn back on the old announcer?

10-01-2009

I find the new announcer terrible, and I feel bad because I know you probably put a bit of effort into making was is essentially the voice and spirit of the game. The thing is, outside of maybe Katarina, the voices in game are very good. Nasus might be my favourite voice to date, and I remember thinking "Man I wish Nasus was the announcer" when i heard him and then the new announcer right after. I'm not sure exactly what rubs me the wrong way, but it's probably the distortion on the voice, it's just ridiculous. The new "destroyed an inhibitor" sounds almost mumbled as well. I enjoyed the variety of the old announcer. "Owned" was short and sweet, and drew my attention (to be honest, I didn't mind the original announcer in the first place.)

Like I said in a previous post, a calm, stern, slightly eccentric announcer would be more up my alley, akin to Team Fortress 2's.

I'm sure tweaks will continue to be made, or an option to maybe remove the announcer and replace the notifications with specific sounds will be implemented.

Prime

10-01-2009

the lines are much better, and the new announcer is a little better than the last, but still not good.. It's only a matter of time until you find the right voice actor, but this guy really isn't that good.

I feel that another one of the problems is that he says too much things.. He should only trigger on the more special events, not everytime someone dies. First blood, kill streaking >2, multiple kills, turrets down. It should feel rewarding to have something announced. For things like your base is under attack, or your hero is under attack, it should be a voice with more reason and concern, this is where a female voice would do well..

Another problem is the recording quality, it's quite poor if you compare it with the recording quality of the champion voices. It also doesn't seem like it's part of the game, whereas the champion voices really feel like they are coming from the champions.

RoosterCommanderYYY

10-01-2009

I think the new announcer sounds really cheap, the effect sounds like it was made with some default windows sound editor.

OMGBanned

10-01-2009

Quote:
Apoxol:
What we need is this guy......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA

YES. We need Tay Zonday:

On kill: "A Champion has felt the pain"

On spree: "___ is leaning away from the mike to breathe in"

BEST IDEA EVER.