Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Announcer!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reefermadne55

10-01-2009

i agree with mizerable, the announcer never shuts up now

the cool thing about having an announcer is you only hear it when something cool/important happens =\

personally i liked the owned guy better

Mjollnir

Recruiter

10-01-2009

Hate the new announcer. It is extremely annoying, it sounds douche-ish, and I had to mute in my second game because I could not take it anymore. It sounds like a mix of the mortal kombat announcer and the previous one.

Also, changing "Owned!" to "Slaughterd!" isn't really an improvement. If anything, increasing the syllables took something tolerable and made it irksome.

Cosmic Power

10-01-2009

The new announcer is TERRIBAD! Just c/p the Unreal Tournament dude because he's strictly the best!

reefermadne55

10-01-2009

i vote for the guy from unreal tournament

Wappas

10-01-2009

I'm not a fan of this guy, I'll await option 2 and 3!

Morbis

10-01-2009

I dont know how to describe it, its too much of something, and too little of something else. I think it sounds too unnatural, like its really obvious that you used some type of voice altering thing.

SaucyLoggins

10-01-2009

Quote:
Bregan:
hate the new announcer, he just sounds so fake and audio edited.

This. It's just a bit too much. It's almost mockingly "extreme". Look at the TF2 announcer, the announcer is priceless and it's completely unique.
Oh, and please redo Jana's voice.. her voice is embarrassing.

Acetylsalicylin

10-01-2009

I don't know if it has been sugested already, but what about having multiple announcer options? Why limit it to one? Allow the user to pick what they would prefer.

Taluman

Recruiter

10-01-2009

Quote:
FishermanBob:
I don't know if it has been sugested already, but what about having multiple announcer options? Why limit it to one? Allow the user to pick what they would prefer.

Agreed! I don't like the new announcer's voice. It isn't my style. I had to turn it off actually cause' I'm not really feeling it. Now, as for a new voice, maybe you should try a woman's voice? Warcraft 3 night elfish?

Having maybe 4 different announcer sounds wouldn't be a bad idea. But so far the 1st announcer is winning =)

Otaku

10-01-2009

I must agree with people, this new voice is very annoying. When I here an inhibitor get taken it kinda reminds me of a robot chicken or family guy( not sure which did it ) parody to speed racer on how they speak really fast. As it has been suggested, the unreal voice or something close to it would be awesome. We all loved it from DotA. And the new announcer is saying to much stuff, like the greeting to the map and how much time till creeps spawn. Change the creeps have spawned to the game has started/begun IMO.