New Announcer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabotaj

10-01-2009

Yeah, not a fan of the new announcer at all. Too brutish for my tastes. Would be okay in a game like UT i suppose, but LoL graphics gives it kind of a "cute" aura. That announcer is nor cute, nor funny.

b1narys0l0

10-01-2009

Can we get Paul Reubens as Pee Wee Herman? :P

Lethal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotaj View Post
Yeah, not a fan of the new announcer at all. Too brutish for my tastes. Would be okay in a game like UT i suppose, but LoL graphics gives it kind of a "cute" aura. That announcer is nor cute, nor funny.
Gonna have to agree with this. His voice sounds like it doesn't have a place in LoL. Sure, the last announcer wasn't that good, but this guy.....wow.

Hopefully you guys have better luck picking another announcer.

Anak Saba Nur

10-01-2009

You can add an option in summoner profile where we can select The voice of announcer..

Few xamples can be:-
God
Devil
Emo
Sexy
Badazz
Computer
Drill Seargent, etc

its similar to how announcers could be picked in the previous UT game

Heero Maki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-01-2009

As long as he says more then "OWNED" im sure he can't be that bad.

McBeard

10-01-2009

I always liked the idea of Team Fortress 2's announcer, and the idea of a stern, but slightly eccentric teacher-type. I think an announcer can be effective in a memorable, yet simple way, just like that.

And I didn't mind the last announcer, I really didn't!

Malkir

10-01-2009

The announcer is pretty cool, his "A Champion Has Been Slain" is quite repetitive. Better than the previous announcer though !

zYn

10-01-2009

Hate the new voice. Sounds like he's straining to sound mean. Doesn't fit the LoL style at all, IMO. A "pick your voice" option would be pretty sweet. Anyway, please bring on the next one...

Circa Survive

10-01-2009

We should get this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aD6jNczHY

Sabotaj

10-01-2009

As a pointer to what (imho) would fit quite well in LoL, TF2 does indeed have quite a good announcer. Slightly refined, although quite goofy, british accent.

Even better, for those who might remember, Evil Genius' announcer was pretty awesome.

Both those announcer were quite funny sounding, and suit the overall look of the games quite well. LoL does share some (if minor) similarities.

If you want to go the dark way, then even older, Dungeon Keeper's announcer was very good.